Gun Safe Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this so I will just put it here. Move if not the correct forum. I have a bit of a strange question. I will be getting a gun safe as a graduation present so obviously, I have been checking out a few of them. I typically see the most common recommended safes being Liberty, Bear, and Armor Vault. I have seen some of the Centurion safes by Liberty but have not made it to Tulsa or Oklahoma City to check out many of the other safes. Here is my question. I am hypoglycemic and tend to not have the steadiest hands. I seemed to have some trouble with the centurion safes because the combination mechanism seemed pretty "loose" in my opinion and for lack of a better term, "a little bit went a long way." I know the bear safes have the key locks but is there any other recommendations that you guys could possibly throw my way. Keep in mind I have always been partial to long guns and don't have a lot of handguns so I will need a decent sized safe but don't want to go overboard on price.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bear and Armor vault use the same key lock system...For the money I would go with a bear. Do yourself a favor go to their manufacturing shop and showroom and see why you should choose them....

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
peanut said:
Not many locksmiths will suggest a digital lock.

when I worked for a major banking equipment company I worked on lots of digital vault locks. The new generation of electronic locks is more secure than the traditional dial ever was. You can't stethoscope a keypad.

TonerGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get a safe with a digital lock make sure it has a mechanical feature on it also that you rotate to unlock the bolt. Look at the National Security safes there really nice.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a Bear Safe about two weeks ago and love it. It took some practice to become quick with the key to unlock it but now I'm pretty smooth and quick. I love it and can't wait to get a bigger house to upgrade to a bigger safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom