Any safe recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

jtmcglothin

You’ve got a fren in me
Special Hen
Reaction score

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Armor Vault in OKC. Made in Oklahoma. Keyed. No back door and according to him he’ll open it if compelled. But only if compelled and not with a key. He has to cut them open, but he cuts them all to hell & back so LE doesn’t know how to cut one open themselves. Might be BS, but that’s what he told me. He also said he’s never had a successful breach as long as he’d been making safes.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Securam safe keypads are UL listed and EMP resistant on all the new safes I’ve looked at.
By the way, not trying to rain on your parade. Nice safe and good value. I just have heard of more issues with Electronic Keypads than traditional dial and tumbler. So, if you can get a deal and spend a little more, rather see anyone in that position. That does not mean traditional dialed locks are free of issues either. Perhaps I'm a luddite, but I would want to be able to get into a safe if the SHTF.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By the way, not trying to rain on your parade. Nice safe and good value. I just have heard of more issues with Electronic Keypads than traditional dial and tumbler. So, if you can get a deal and spend a little more, rather see anyone in that position. That does not mean traditional dialed locks are free of issues either. Perhaps I'm a luddite, but I would want to be able to get into a safe if the SHTF.

You can also swap out the electronic keypad to an S&G dial on most safes. It’s what I would do if I didn’t buy one on the safe in the first place. I heard of so many problems firsthand of electronic keypads in the mid-2000’s that I knew I did not want to go that way. I hear that they are “better” but still hear of some periodic problems.

Sargent and Greenleaf 6730-100 Safe Lock Kit by Sargent & Greenleaf Amazon.com

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Armor Vault in OKC. Made in Oklahoma. Keyed. No back door and according to him he’ll open it if compelled. But only if compelled and not with a key. He has to cut them open, but he cuts them all to hell & back so LE doesn’t know how to cut one open themselves. Might be BS, but that’s what he told me. He also said he’s never had a successful breach as long as he’d been making safes.
Does he have a website? I'm gonna be in the market soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom