Gun World range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Gun World this weekend. I didn't stick around for long as their prices were just short of insane.

However, they have a range. Is it insane to shoot there? I have not seen any comments on the place in the range forum.

Any idea of prices?

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 targets and range fee = $18. I like the range at Gun World versus H&H. Just quickly walk by the glass cases and don't even look at the gun prices.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 targets and range fee = $18. I like the range at Gun World versus H&H. Just quickly walk by the glass cases and don't even look at the gun prices.

That's awfuly high though compared to H&H...have to be a whole heck of a lot nicer, or something, to get me to pay that!

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heh. Cowzrule is in MWC. Nice and close to Gun World. You are closer to H&H....

I was also wondering if the range at GW was well ventilated. I have a membership at Sgt. Everett's. It's just been insanely hot in there the last three times I've shot there.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heh. No doubt Andy. It's just been stupid hot inside the Sergeant's range. No air moving at all. After about 40 rounds my eyes are full of sweat and stinging.

You've got a nice place to shoot over there. Outdoors would even be nice so long as some air is moving.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy a lot of stuff from H&H so this isn't a bash. The range at H&H needs some love (or did the last times I visited their range). I have been put on lanes with the target dropping down towards the ground because wires stretched out. Missing clips so target won't stay on. I have froze my butt off in the winter and melted in the summer due to heat. And I won't even mention the wait times to get a lane when they are busy. Besides me living much closer to GW my experience with the range at H&H dictates that I will pay a higher price to walk straight in and get the range to myself (most of the time) and be comfortable while I shoot. Heck, I still have about 5 of those green cards you get when you buy a gun at H&H. Sorry for the mild rant, off soap box. Oh and GW still eats the big one (except for the high priced range).

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went there to shoot a new toy today, did not feel like driving out to Banner Rd......I thought the range was very nice, it was cool in spite of the 100+ temps, and well ventilated. Nice technology too. The staff were nice and courteous. The gun prices were high, probably the highest I have seen. They have a couple of BEAUTIFUL HK 91s, 4500 dollar price tags. :(. Glocks all well over 600 with no night sights. :(

Overall I will go back to shoot, but not buy weapons. Nice range. 28 bucks for one lane, 2 shooters and 2 targets. Convenience makes it worth it to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom