Gunshow whoppers in Enid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh my I heard some good ones today
We heard a flashlight dealer selling 90 lumen lights by calling them 220 lumens. Really?(
Second was the ammo dealer that said that his ammo (which was the same exact brand) was better than Walmart because the rushed production for them. Really?
And my favorite, the largest dealer in the show telling a customer that his Romanian AK would shoot 1inch groups at 300 yards. Really, tell the truth, make a fair deal. Why lie and treat customers like they are idiots. Sorry for the rant. It makes me crazy

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I was a little ticked at the fact that they all had gouged prices for everything, I remember going to gun shows in CA to get the best deals. Now I did however get a few good deals, like the AK dust cover that has the tri-weaver rail for my red dot that I picked up for $25, and a few other odds and ends things.

And by the way Dave thanks for the deal on the lowers and thanks for being cool enough to let me swap of one for a different one tomorrow. I will definetly be sending more people your way. See ya tomorrow.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always want to get the best deal I can but want also to be fair. I would much rather establish a lasting relationship instead of a single transaction. Repeat customers are your best advertisement.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oh thats like the swiss 1911 rifle i seen at the metcalf show for $1,200 that i can get offline for like $275. Or the Turked german Gew 98 mauser that was mismatched for $2,300. I almost told the guy i wanted some of what he was smoking.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This the very reason why I have quit attending all gun shows except wannamakers. Now thats not to say there aren't some good deals to be had, sadly however they are few and far between. And besides why not simply save the twelve bucks and use that to buy from a dealer you TRUST. ? or to help cover shipping at an online sight. Besides we seem to have way to many promoters hosting way to dang many gun shows for anything besides over priced junk to be sold. Heck if I wanted to go to a flea market I'd go to one not a gun show.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one of the Tulsa shows a guy had Green Tip that was just tipped green with a green Sharpie marker. I ask him what the heck was that about and he told me it helps sell more for some reason. DOH! Note to self…. Always bring a little magnet if you are looking for M855 5.56. Not that green marker vs. paint wasn’t a laughable giveaway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom