Guys my grandfather left me some guns and I am wanting to know what the values are.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does irregardless mean?? :)

Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did someone push the button? I wasn't aware that the spelling and grammar police were on duty...

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_DSC_0084.jpg

hehe. :)

It's the OCD, the double negative just kills! :)

mild bill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree with SPAM, I'm so sentimental I cried when we sold our cows and wanted to go visit them but my wife said I was crazy. I have a model 10 Remington pump that was my Grandfathers, a Colt army special 32-20 that my Father bought in 1935 and an old Stevens 410 with a cracked stock that was my Mothers, the're all going to my Son and I hope then to his Son.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am trying to find out what they are worth and from there I will decide if I need to sell or not. I did mention the guns I would like in the future and don't see any harm in that?? Sorry if you feel i am skipping the 20 post rule but I am not. I am new to this site and to guns to be honest. I just purchased a Taurus Judge last week and have kinda got a fever for some other guns. Thanks CD

This site is a community and is for giving/receiving of info, etc...

The problem is that you're brand new, and your first post wasn't just for info, but you mention both that you're not interested in keeping the guns (you then listed them each with all the detail possible) as well as the possibility that you might be willing to sell them in the future and that you're looking for other guns specifically by make/model (and listed those).

Knowing how message boards with private messaging systems work, it doesn't take a genius to see that a quick way around the classifieds would be to "advertise in as much detail as possible" what you have and want for trades and then casually mention that you don't intend to keep them and that you want other guns specifically. Then just wait on the PMs to roll in.

No offense, but if that's not trying to get around the 20 post rule, I don't know what is.

No doubt by now, you've already gotten several PMs with low-ball offers, so the real test will be to see if you remain here as a contributing member or if you bail because you didn't get what you wanted by way of bypassing the classifieds system (or if you quickly get your required posts and end up as a classifieds-only member).

I'd love to be wrong about this, so by all means - prove me wrong.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some of them may have some collector value,I don't know.Gunbroker is your friend much like Trader publications,you can get an idea what they are worth.Do your homework before going to pawn shop or wait till you have fullfilled our requirements and you can list them here.Hang around awhile,you'll like it here.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When it comes to irregardless, the final law is usage.
Give the guy a break.
Plus, if he's a spammer, he's a very clever and persistent spammer. I pronounce him O.K.

Yaaahhh!!!

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This site is a community and is for giving/receiving of info, etc...

The problem is that you're brand new, and your first post wasn't just for info, but you mention both that you're not interested in keeping the guns (you then listed them each with all the detail possible) as well as the possibility that you might be willing to sell them in the future and that you're looking for other guns specifically by make/model (and listed those).

Knowing how message boards with private messaging systems work, it doesn't take a genius to see that a quick way around the classifieds would be to "advertise in as much detail as possible" what you have and want for trades and then casually mention that you don't intend to keep them and that you want other guns specifically. Then just wait on the PMs to roll in.

No offense, but if that's not trying to get around the 20 post rule, I don't know what is.

No doubt by now, you've already gotten several PMs with low-ball offers, so the real test will be to see if you remain here as a contributing member or if you bail because you didn't get what you wanted by way of bypassing the classifieds system (or if you quickly get your required posts and end up as a classifieds-only member).

I'd love to be wrong about this, so by all means - prove me wrong.

God forbid someone post about guns on a forum called "Oklahoma Shooters". Who cares about his post count? Thats a fine way to welcome someone. I'm sure he'll have a really good feeling about posting in the future. Perhaps we should stick to politics, sports, and current events around here.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the future. Perhaps we should stick to politics, sports, and current events around here.

No No no more posts about that crap please.

I was one of the folks that pm'd him, anyway, that post count rule really gets folks in a wad. Doesn't anyone remember being new. I did my first deal with Dr Baker, when I had found the osa website. IT was a nice alternative to glocktalk. of which I had been on for years.

Anyway at least the new guy has something gun related to chat about, and by god not just one gun, but a dang paragraph full of them. Let him stay, lol.

btw, imho post count means you are making comments alot, and does not reflect your character or morals.

Chris Derrick

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys I did try to post on the classifieds and got shot down so I posted to the web site guy and he explained why. I understand all of this no problems. I really wasn't ready to sell them just yet and by posting on here I have got quite a bit of info on the guns I didn't know about so (most of you) have really been helpful to me and I appreciate this! I have not sold any of them yet and I have had some PM's and appreciate that. I really posted to learn about what I have and better prepare myself for what they are worth and if I really want to sell any of them. Just like on any forum there is always an As$Clown and I am think skinned enough to put up with him! I really enjoy this website and don't plan to leave. Thanks everyone for the help and comments. Chris

Latest posts

Top Bottom