H&K USP Tactical?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im in the market for a new pistol and I have decided I want something I can put a can on. I know I want a .45 and Ive always liked the HKs. Does anyone have any experience with the USP that they would like to share? Buds Gun Shop as one for 979. Is this a good deal.
Thanks

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im in the market for a new pistol and I have decided I want something I can put a can on. I know I want a .45 and Ive always liked the HKs. Does anyone have any experience with the USP that they would like to share? Buds Gun Shop as one for 979. Is this a good deal.
Thanks

Wall has the CT which is the compact tactical. I have the 9mm full size USP tactical.

I think they are great guns.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whitey is correct, great pistols. Like he said I have the CT, it's only available in .45 cal. If you want anything else you have to get a full size tactical. Mine has 10 rnd ext. mags to get it up to the same capacity as the full size. When I was looking for mine, I looked at Bud's & they had one for 979 but it was used. I bought mine local for more, but brand new with a full lifetime warranty that includes shipping back to Manuf. if necessary. With firearms having to ship overnight, it gets expensive. I don't know if you were at the silencer shoot, but it was up on the table with the cobra on it for anyone to try out.
[Broken External Image]

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are awesome guns. If you aren't going to supress it however, i'd probably lean toward a standard USP, or the HK45. The HK45 is one of the nicest double-stacked .45's I have ever laid hands on. The extended barrel & tall sights wouldn't do you any good w/o the can.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are awesome guns. If you aren't going to supress it however, i'd probably lean toward a standard USP, or the HK45. The HK45 is one of the nicest double-stacked .45's I have ever laid hands on. The extended barrel & tall sights wouldn't do you any good w/o the can.

Some folks like to use comps on them as well.
Another advantage is the tactical (full & compact) has an o-ring barrel for tighter barrel to slide lockup=greater accuracy.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some folks like to use comps on them as well.
Another advantage is the tactical (full & compact) has an o-ring barrel for tighter barrel to slide lockup=greater accuracy.

Good point, only the .45 HK guns have this option. Not a feature on the 9mm or .40.

Tac vs non tac usps also differ in the trigger. I believe the tactical models come with the factory Hk match trigger. Tactical models also get you the adjustable sights, Adjustable trigger stop, and oversized trigger guard.

gyolai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have USPs in 9 40 and 45.. sold almost all my handguns to get them. They are my favorite. my 9 is the tactical... can affford to have 3 in tacticals. lol but you cant go wrong with HK

gyolai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whitey is correct, great pistols. Like he said I have the CT, it's only available in .45 cal. If you want anything else you have to get a full size tactical. Mine has 10 rnd ext. mags to get it up to the same capacity as the full size. When I was looking for mine, I looked at Bud's & they had one for 979 but it was used. I bought mine local for more, but brand new with a full lifetime warranty that includes shipping back to Manuf. if necessary. With firearms having to ship overnight, it gets expensive. I don't know if you were at the silencer shoot, but it was up on the table with the cobra on it for anyone to try out.
[Broken External Image]

That is freakin sweet... sadly i have never shot a silenced weapon before...

Latest posts

Top Bottom