H&k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of people like the quality and reliability, but not the price. Magazines and parts are expensive and hard to find. Customer service and support has the reputation of being very bad.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
good pistols, over priced,lousy triggers, wont do anything a m&p or glock wont do for $400 less and they have nice triggers

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rugged and reliable pistols, expensive and hard to find/replace parts.

If you're a DA/SA guy or 1911 guy, then you'd like the HK's. There're one of the few high capacity polymer "battle pistols" that you can keep cocked and lock and know it will always go bang when you need it.

The LEM trigger is HK's attempt at making a hammered gun operate similarly to a striker fired pistol, in that every trigger has the same pull. When cocked, it has about a 2 pound slack right up until a breakpoint. Then it's about 5 pounds for the trigger to break.

If you're a M&P or Glock guy, you would probably like LEM trigger better over the DA/SA versions.

You can find used USP and USP Compacts for around new and used Glock prices. I don't recommend buying an USP new unless you want to pay about $400 more. You'd be better off buying the newer P30's at those prices.

I was a huge HK hater and never cared much for them. I always thought they were kind of ugly and overpriced. The P30's were the first guns that made me like HK's, but that's only because they're so similar in feel to the Walther PPQ's. I've forced myself to carry an USP Compact for the last 6 months while in Seattle and now have warmed up to even the USP's. With that said, I will always be a Glock / XD / M&P guy and resale value aside, would take a Walther PPQ M2 over an HK P30 anyday.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usp triggers takes some getting use to , when I got my USP 45 full size I hate the trigger pull 12-14 lbs DA, but they grow on you with time , last weekend when shot it I didn't notice the trigger pull , I would like to like a compact USP in 45 or 40 as a carry gun . I found mine at RK's used for about $400 seven years ago.

Moore Guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of people like the quality and reliability, but not the price. Magazines and parts are expensive and hard to find. Customer service and support has the reputation of being very bad.

that would be a huge internet rumor. go to hkpro.com(or any hk specific site((or call them yourself)) and ask owners who ACTUALLY dealt with the HK CS. you will find the caring people from GA factory will be willing to assist your needs, no problemo.

trigger sucks but who really cares... its a defensive weapon not a finely tuned SA 1911 pistol. learn to use the tool before you say it needs a tuned short lightened action. you may find it works out very well if you give it a try and not find flaws in the gun that actually may actually be just the user. do we really need 2 lb trigger on every darn gun?..

they are expensive but not unaffordable. their nothing compared to some guns.

they work, but every company will have lemons

Thats my opinion

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
good pistols, over priced,lousy triggers, wont do anything a m&p or glock wont do for $400 less and they have nice triggers

Unless you count the whole hammer, double/single action, decocker and beauty then yea, it's the same. :thumb:

I'm a HK fan. I haven't found a manufacturer that combines all the qualities that I want quite like HK. I've been wanting to get a HK45 or P30 but just can't replace the USP.
I have found USPs for under $550. It takes some looking but they are out there.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LEM is l-a-m-e. Customer service is usually poor. Yes, I have dealt with them. Good products. The ampersand should be a dollar sign. Reliable.