Had an owl fly into my front door last night ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a little more than 1/4 Osage-Kaw indian, .28 on my card. I remember as a little kid always hearing about how if an Owl shows up near someones house that it was a sign of death coming. But then my mom is more than half blood and she had a large collection of all kinds of owl figurines sitting all the around the house when I was a kid- at night it was spooky as fk walking thru there in the dark on the way to the bathroom. So I dont know what to believe. Maybe my moms a shaman or a witch or something. Yikes...

My stepdaughter took a year off before going to college and is working for the guvment in the Americore program. She's stationed in Florida right now near the Everglades. She took this pic the other day with her cellphone and sent it to me asking what kind of owl it was. Like I would know. She's working with a group doing something with setting up boxes in the trees for the owls in the Everglades.

i8.photobucket.com_albums_a30_nofearfactor_critters_cid_709.jpg

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a little more than 1/4 Osage-Kaw indian, .28 on my card. I remember as a little kid always hearing about how if an Owl shows up near someones house that it was a sign of death coming. But then my mom is more than half blood and she had a large collection of all kinds of owl figurines sitting all the around the house when I was a kid- at night it was spooky as fk walking thru there in the dark on the way to the bathroom. So I dont know what to believe. Maybe my moms a shaman or a witch or something. Yikes...

My stepdaughter took a year off before going to college and is working for the guvment in the Americore program. She's stationed in Florida right now near the Everglades. She took this pic the other day with her cellphone and sent it to me asking what kind of owl it was. Like I would know. She's working with a group doing something with setting up boxes in the trees for the owls in the Everglades.

i8.photobucket.com_albums_a30_nofearfactor_critters_cid_709.jpg

That's a barn owl: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barn_Owl

I love owls, but those things are ugly. They look like the youngest kid off Malcolm in the Middle:
[Broken External Image]

Which now that I think about it, looks like Timothy McVeigh.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did he hang out in front of an aquarium with blowfish in it? :D

dont think so lol. That was in the 70's before hootie and the blowfish existed.

About the indian legend about an owl being an omen of death. a few months before my grandma passed away there was a huge owl sitting in the cedar tree outside out house. He was there to eat chickens and grandma wouldnt have any of that. Needless to say that owl got shot. A few months later my grandma passed away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom