Had to buy a pickup battery today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always change before warranty expires. Batteries always go tits up at the worst location.

Like I tell my son, where do you want to work on it? In the driveway or the side of the road.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
China owns all the lead.
1658348353036.png

What?

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been buying batteries at Atwoods for a while. I started buying them for my equipment but now they go into our vehicles.
They are around half the price as box or auto stores and include a 3 year free replacement warranty on the vehicle batteries. The boat and equipment batteries have a 2 year free replacement.
I haven’t had to replace one yet. Atwoods will put them on sale occasionally for 10% off.

I also keep a desulfurization trickle charger on the batteries that sit, like the 4 wheeler, the mower, the Duramax, the battery I have on my hydraulic tube bender, etc. I will even plug in the Jeep at nite, the battery in it is dated 2017.
Had a rash of battery problems this month replaced 3 at Orielly's at just under $200 each. Then my farm truck battery bit the dust, usually buy my farm batteries for trucks and tractors at Atwoods. So off to Atwoods bought new battery for truck, install, next morning wont start. Only 8.6 volts so I charge it for 24hrs then check voltage 12.6 volts, the truck sits for a week. Go to start it wont do nothing. Check voltage 0 volts, charge again this time leaving cables disconnected. Next day wont start again 6.7 volts, take battery back and get replacement. Just sit battery in truck and did not connect cables, next morning connect cables wont start again only 4.3 volts. This is two bad Atwoods batteries in a row, decided I'm done went to Orielly's and spent another $194.00.

The Duke

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had to replace 2 truck batteries a tractor battery and 8 golf cart batteries in the last month... I knew the Golf Cart needed batteries and the tractor probably did. the truck was a bit of a surprise. Costco has Interstate batteries ($100) for cheaper than walmart batteries ($130ish). The golf cart batteries are the same price now at my costco as they were pre-"transient inflation". All of the batteries were $99. Saved enough to pay for the costco membership for several years. The Costco Interstate batteries are made in Mexico, though. Same place as the wal mart batteries.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a rash of battery problems this month replaced 3 at Orielly's at just under $200 each. Then my farm truck battery bit the dust, usually buy my farm batteries for trucks and tractors at Atwoods. So off to Atwoods bought new battery for truck, install, next morning wont start. Only 8.6 volts so I charge it for 24hrs then check voltage 12.6 volts, the truck sits for a week. Go to start it wont do nothing. Check voltage 0 volts, charge again this time leaving cables disconnected. Next day wont start again 6.7 volts, take battery back and get replacement. Just sit battery in truck and did not connect cables, next morning connect cables wont start again only 4.3 volts. This is two bad Atwoods batteries in a row, decided I'm done went to Orielly's and spent another $194.00.
Weird. We’re they fully charged when you left the store? It’s not like they keep them charged on the shelf.
Gives me the idea to take a volt meter in the store with me to pick out the highest voltage on the shelf. They also carry the battery testers in the store that are used to load test a battery. May be an idea to open a box and load test the battery in the store as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom