Have got to go purchase a battery this morning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I paid $175 for my interstate battery last year this time and about the same for my wife's charger too.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Atwoods has been my go to for batteries. A $50 battery lasted over four years and the replacement a few months ago was $60.
I've put a bunch of Atwoods batteries in tractors over the years, and they've done really well, considering the super-harsh environment. IIRC, Exide makes their batteries.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a new car battery recently and my eyes popped out of my head with the prices. Their pricing has shot up.
You can thank the EPA. The last lead smelter in the US was shut down a couple years ago because lead prices were down and they couldn’t meat EPA emissions regulations.
As far as I know, all lead is foreign sourced now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m an Atwoods battery guy too. I’m also someone that keeps a battery maintainer on all my batteries. I use the desulfurization maintainers.
Me too on the maintainers. They will more than pay for themselves by increasing battery life on batteries not in steady use.
My tractors outside get the solar maintainers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom