Half of Texas Wind Turbines Freeze, Hurting Electricity Output

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like we've seen in every burgeoning industry in the history of the world, it's always expensive starting out. Laying out groundwork, infrastructure, etc... All things become cheaper when scaled.

I'm glad some of y'all weren't around in the 1950's... Our interstate system may have never been built lol

Cheese and rice. Wind is not "just starting out". It's been going for decades and it hasn't gotten any cleaner to make the damn things and they are no more reliable than they were a decade ago.

Good grief.

This is clearly pointless.

Good Lord.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying and agree with you. My point is, if we ditched wind and solar now, they'll stop working on that battery tech. Every battery company is looking to cash in with a valuable patent. Without the incentive to make a pile of protected money, there's no sense spending the r&d money.

Oh for crying out loud, that is just complete horseshit.

Millions of uses for improved battery technology and R&D that have absolutely zero to do with wind or solar.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biden response to TX crisis: 1) Sick Dept of Energy on TX before and during the crisis, threatening them with environmental fines if they temporarily increase electricity output. 2) Send 60 generators, 10 days after they're needed, and never get them up and running because the weather already broke

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biden put ERCOT under restrictions that reduced their ability to keep the power on in Texas. There is no low the Dems won't stoop to for more power. They hid aid in Puerto Rico, they forced COVID patients into nursing homes, and now they're freezing Texas. (twitter.com

Biden admin ordered ERCOT to throttle energy output by forcing it to comply with environmental green energy standards, knowing full well Texans could freeze to death in their homes with zero electricity as temperatures plunged into the single digits. https://scribd.com/document/495189508/DOE-202-c-Emergency-Order-ERCOT-02-14-2021…

9:14 PM · Feb 19, 2021

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texas Power - Feds set price to $1,500/MWh - DOE Order 202-21-1

pcGre97Y.png

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
12hReKKYmj.png

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden...-texas-following-deep-freeze_3702941.html/amp

This comes after Gov. Greg Abbott requested the declaration and assistance on Thursday. The Texas governor said in a statement that Biden’s action only “partially” assists individuals in the state as Biden had only approved “individual assistance” for 77 counties instead of the 254 counties requested by Abbott.

I am sure he is confused thinking Texas has 77 counties when in reality it is Oklahoma that has 77 counties.

I know....at least he doesn't Tweet it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom