Hand forged Knives pt2 with pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fpsirish

Ok I hope the pics show up if not I must be too much of a Noob. The shiny one has just been gone over with a drimel tool. Once I get the rest of the tools I need like a good belt sander they will look much, much better. But all in all I think they are coming out quite well. Let me know what you guys think, and what I should do different or what not.
i1166.photobucket.com_albums_q605_kg_raditz_001.jpg
i1166.photobucket.com_albums_q605_kg_raditz_002.jpg
i1166.photobucket.com_albums_q605_kg_raditz_003.jpg
i1166.photobucket.com_albums_q605_kg_raditz_004.jpg

Last edited:
F

fpsirish

The files or wood rasps make good knifes from what I have been told. I think I have a few old files around some where. Next project I guess. I do have some cable that I plan on trying to make Damascus out of.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to try cable, you can probably get enough drilling line from about any rig to last you the rest of your life for free. It's extra improved plow steel, I don't know if that would be good or bad for knife making.

F

fpsirish

Thanks AdvantageR1 I may need some here some time soon. I do have a few firebrick but not that much. As for the drilling cable you have to take care on some of those. Depending on the drilling cable, some of them have chemical compounds twisted in with the cable that goes boom when heated up. Normal cable dose make for great steal for knives or other items. As it stands I need to find a real hand crank blower. Here after a while I should get to the point where I can have some knives for sale. I could use the extra cash for more equipment and tools.

Latest posts

Top Bottom