When I lose a tool...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am discombobulated to no end if I lose a tool. If I'm on a job and I laid down a tool someplace then When I go to the location I thought it was and it's not there, I might as well go home for the day. That is what I feel like anyway. I do work through it but it is in the back of my mind all day like a mosquito buzzing my brain until I find it or buy another.

It screws up my workflow and my process thinking so bad I have to start on another completely different task or sit down and think. If I sit down and think it's kind of like me taking a break. I don't take breaks, because I don't let my mind rest because I'm thinking what I have to do next, where that damn tool is, what I can do to bypass using the tool, etc. That is why I have bought multiples of tools over the years, to replace the ones I lost, then found.

I lost a multimeter once. Pissed me off so bad I had to take a long lunch break and go buy another one just like it but had to upgrade because they didn't make my model anymore. I didn't like the first two I bought then finally found one on ebay and it was in worse shape than my old one and I didn't trust it.

I had a drill driver stolen on the job when I was in another part of the building. I walked back to get it and couldn't find it. Then I heard a bunch of them were missing and the GC was aware and wanted a list so he could replace all of them. Nice guy! They even bought me a better brand of drill bits than I had. We found out later it was a thing that happened whenever the Rice company came in with their day laborers and escaped convicts to assemble furniture and cubes. I watched mine like a hawk whenever they were on site anywhere I worked.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
118c4059-1cc2-4d06-a945-6fe9e1be2fb5_text.gif

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You just had to bring this **** up didn’t ya @Snattlerake I’d almost forgotten about it. Now I’m starting to get the empty feeling in my stomach again. I keep seeing the tool in the last place I had it. I had almost gotten over replacing a $200 dollar tool that wasn’t even a year old. Now it’s all fresh again and I hate myself for not knowing what happened to it. You’re a sick individual @Snattlerake Some dilemmas we should just keep to ourselves as to not stir up another man’s emotional bond he had with a tool that mysteriously walked off. I borderline hate you. Bye

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just had to bring this **** up didn’t ya @Snattlerake I’d almost forgotten about it. Now I’m starting to get the empty feeling in my stomach again. I keep seeing the tool in the last place I had it. I had almost gotten over replacing a $200 dollar tool that wasn’t even a year old. Now it’s all fresh again and I hate myself for not knowing what happened to it. You’re a sick individual @Snattlerake Some dilemmas we should just keep to ourselves as to not stir up another man’s emotional bond he had with a tool that mysteriously walked off. I borderline hate you. Bye

Hey, Cowcatcher. Good to hear from you again. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so sorry, brother! What tool did you lose?

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am discombobulated to no end if I lose a tool. If I'm on a job and I laid down a tool someplace then When I go to the location I thought it was and it's not there, I might as well go home for the day. That is what I feel like anyway. I do work through it but it is in the back of my mind all day like a mosquito buzzing my brain until I find it or buy another.

It screws up my workflow and my process thinking so bad I have to start on another completely different task or sit down and think. If I sit down and think it's kind of like me taking a break. I don't take breaks, because I don't let my mind rest because I'm thinking what I have to do next, where that damn tool is, what I can do to bypass using the tool, etc. That is why I have bought multiples of tools over the years, to replace the ones I lost, then found.

I lost a multimeter once. Pissed me off so bad I had to take a long lunch break and go buy another one just like it but had to upgrade because they didn't make my model anymore. I didn't like the first two I bought then finally found one on ebay and it was in worse shape than my old one and I didn't trust it.

I had a drill driver stolen on the job when I was in another part of the building. I walked back to get it and couldn't find it. Then I heard a bunch of them were missing and the GC was aware and wanted a list so he could replace all of them. Nice guy! They even bought me a better brand of drill bits than I had. We found out later it was a thing that happened whenever the Rice company came in with their day laborers and escaped convicts to assemble furniture and cubes. I watched mine like a hawk whenever they were on site anywhere I worked.
I understand, still looking for a 9/16 12pt impact wobble socket that disappeared last week. It's about to totally piss me off that I haven't found it. Just purchased it a short time ago to replace one that broke.:anyone:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Milwaukee m12 stubby 3/8 impact with compact 3ah battery. I had even put the $30 protective boot on it. It had a 3/8 drive 9/16 impact socket on it. Luckily I was able to buy the exact socket so I didn’t have to live the rest of my years with an incomplete or mismatched set. Of course I bought another kit that included the m12 stubby because most of the time buying just the bare tool alone isn’t a smart financial decision. Man I tell ya, I’m kinda a tool junkie so I’ve got everything from 1/4 drive through 3/4 drive and a pretty good batch of 1” drive but that m12 stubby 3/8 is one bad dog! It’s my most used power tool so when it disappeared I didn’t give it much time before ordering another.
I'm so sorry, brother! What tool did you lose?

Latest posts

Top Bottom