When I lose a tool...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Milwaukee m12 stubby 3/8 impact with compact 3ah battery. I had even put the $30 protective boot on it. It had a 3/8 drive 9/16 impact socket on it. Luckily I was able to buy the exact socket so I didn’t have to live the rest of my years with an incomplete or mismatched set. Of course I bought another kit that included the m12 stubby because most of the time buying just the bare tool alone isn’t a smart financial decision. Man I tell ya, I’m kinda a tool junkie so I’ve got everything from 1/4 drive through 3/4 drive and a pretty good batch of 1” drive but that m12 stubby 3/8 is one bad dog! It’s my most used power tool so when it disappeared I didn’t give it much time before ordering another.
Sounds like me and the small battery charged Worx driver I lost in the cell phone store in Laverne.

I was only there for a half a day upgrading their system. I thought I left it above the ceiling where I installed a repeater box but I looked and looked and went back the next week when we tested it and looked for another hour. I drove home mad as hell at myself. I immediately ordered another one because it was my right hand man so to speak. This sucker will drive 4 2 inch sheet rock screws into a 2x4 in one minute.

Mine does not have the screw holder.

1661402672807.png

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn. Been retracing my steps for 3 weeks now trying to remember where I layed down that small crescent. I even used a drone to check out the top of the chimney where I was tweaking an antenna. That reminds me. I was inside the chimney housing ( large open space with metal chimney running up the center of it) there hanging on a 2x4 was that hammer I couldn’t find 30 years ago

Attachments

• B3EEB656-C39E-4100-9155-5BC1BE081C6B.jpeg
    B3EEB656-C39E-4100-9155-5BC1BE081C6B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I both have a sometimes debilitating obsession with finding lost things.

I have to be VERY organized and methodical with my tools because if I have to look for something to get started on a task there is a solid chance I will get so frustrated that I need some time to get back in the mindset of completing the task.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Milwaukee m12 stubby 3/8 impact with compact 3ah battery. I had even put the $30 protective boot on it. It had a 3/8 drive 9/16 impact socket on it. Luckily I was able to buy the exact socket so I didn’t have to live the rest of my years with an incomplete or mismatched set. Of course I bought another kit that included the m12 stubby because most of the time buying just the bare tool alone isn’t a smart financial decision. Man I tell ya, I’m kinda a tool junkie so I’ve got everything from 1/4 drive through 3/4 drive and a pretty good batch of 1” drive but that m12 stubby 3/8 is one bad dog! It’s my most used power tool so when it disappeared I didn’t give it much time before ordering another.
Sometimes I buy used socket sets at flea markets. It drives me nuts when I later discover there's a 12 point in with the 6 points. Every time I open up the case I get that sinking feeling. 😡

Latest posts

Top Bottom