Handcuffs for civillian use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep a pair in my car at all times. Had not ever had to use them but on a woman I was dating. (Do not think the Mods want me to get into that here)

i keep a pair dangling from my rearview mirror, ive had an OHP and glenpool PD ask why i have them and i'll reply they are just a decoration. I could say...........my girlfriend likes freaky stuff LMAO

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I keep two sets around the house...One set of S&W 100's and a pink set of ASP's. I used to be a jailer, the good inmates actually prefered the S&W's, despite the pink ASP's being 100x more comfy. Noone wants to walk into a courtroom wearing pink handcuffs. :D I've also got some leg shackles.

If it did come to it, i'd definately use them to restrain an intruder, if he managed to surrender before being shot. Right now they're just on bedroom duty, after a through disinfection after their jail use, of course.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, anyone in here that is posting civilians use handcuffs to detain bad guys need to log off the computer and get a life....

I mean really, handcuffs are for fun :D

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like others have said, it's not that I'd want to be close enough to cuff someone, but if you had to, why not just use zip ties?

Granted, they could be cuff off, but at least zip ties are handy to keep around for various other purposes, don't raise questions, and in that 1% case you need to detain someone, they're functional.

Latest posts

Top Bottom