Handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just now placed an order for yet another holster for the Alaskan. I've looked at this Galco several dozen times ever since I got the Ruger. I had to have it. Resistance was futile...

i.imgur.com_OmC2VHy.jpg

i.imgur.com_hj7l1uB.jpg

i.imgur.com_rHhZnfh.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Do they make that for an 8 inch revolver?

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those Galco leather shoulder/chest holsters are really, really nice. I bought the "Miami II" a couple years ago for my G21 and I was extremely impressed with the quality. I need one of those chest holsters for my N frame 629 V-Comp, I love my shoulder holster but I think the chest holster might be better for working around the girls.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those Galco leather shoulder/chest holsters are really, really nice. I bought the "Miami II" a couple years ago for my G21 and I was extremely impressed with the quality. I need one of those chest holsters for my N frame 629 V-Comp, I love my shoulder holster but I think the chest holster might be better for working around the girls.

I adjusted my Galco to be a shoulder rig for concealed carry. It is specific to the Ruger Alaskan and distributes the weight very well.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is the need to know. The need to know can cover many facets of life, but I needed to know if my Ruger Alaskan .44 Magnum could handle 320 grain Grizzly ammo without binding up the cylinder and getting hard to extract empties. There was the need to know...

i.imgur.com_aMzWjMl.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn glad to see you posting again dude.

Thank you, Uncle Money Bags. I have been tied up with METAL STORM. I thought that when I finished it and got it on Amazon, that would be it. But that was just the beginning. I've signed a three year contract with a publishing company and I am heavily into editing it along their guidelines. It has to remain on Kindle for the 90 day commitment then my soul belongs to the publishing company. It is taking every bit of my spare time...

But there was this nagging question that would not go away; the need to know - to know if my Alaskan could handle 320 grain Grizzly coming out of the tube at 1300 fps...

i.imgur.com_TjhNgWi.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, Uncle Money Bags. I have been tied up with METAL STORM. I thought that when I finished it and got it on Amazon, that would be it. But that was just the beginning. I've signed a three year contract with a publishing company and I am heavily into editing it along their guidelines. It has to remain on Kindle for the 90 day commitment then my soul belongs to the publishing company. It is taking every bit of my spare time...

But there was this nagging question that would not go away; the need to know - to know if my Alaskan could handle 320 grain Grizzly coming out of the tube at 1300 fps...

i.imgur.com_TjhNgWi.jpg

I downloaded that and read it. GOOD READ!! And congrats on the contract!! :woot:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I downloaded that and read it. GOOD READ!! And congrats on the contract!! :woot:

How - in the world - did you even know about it??? It is buried amongst millions and millions of books in Amazon...

Anyway, you got to read the unfiltered edition, haha! Thanks, BB!!!

The recoil of the 320 grain is substantial when shooting double action, one handed.

i.imgur.com_W0oQXDm.png

But the cylinder never did bind up, and the empties extracted easily; the extractor rod pushed the spent brass out with no resistance at all. I had this gnawing concern that such a heavy load would swell the brass and I'd have to tap them out.

i.imgur.com_uJwzImt.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom