Handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whenever I shoot my .44 Magnums, I lube the lower base of the shell first. With gun grease. On these magnum loads, it helps with cycling and smooth extractions of spent casings.

i.imgur.com_AUVVtUF.jpg_c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c.jpg

i.imgur.com_aapEIYb.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

i.imgur.com_m5XMEEz.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want one! Good carry gun? I have one in 8" and love it.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

I have the 8" also. There is one thing about this one that you must absolutely do, I am being honest here, you must lube the lower half of the shell casings, or you will get hard extractions and the revolver may bind. I have a sore hand, and other than those things, I have not a criticism. I haven't shot at 25 yards yet, as this is a point blank shooter - a get'em off ya gun. By lubing the brass, you will get smooth cycling with no hangups shooting this light magnum, and extractions will be normal.

Edit: I am being completely honest in my evaluation. The brass must be lubed, or there will be problems.

Last edited:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The meat was penetrated through most of the layers. There were 12 slabs of ribs. Some of the bullets veered and sped out of the meat, some disintegrated, there is so much shattered bone and lead fragments, that about 1/2 the meat is ruined. Some bullets made it into the 11th layer of ribs. None exited through the 12th layer.

i.imgur.com_PuTr4Co.jpg

i.imgur.com_9lgmqHv.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cleaned out much of the damage. These pics show bullet recovery. The shattered bone penetrated other parts of the meat, and lead fragments were so many as to present problems in getting it ready for supper.

i.imgur.com_DONm5Tb.jpg

i.imgur.com_M4bIU6j.jpg

i.imgur.com_d0TECY1.jpg

i.imgur.com_KJ0YPP8.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom