Handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are the spent bullets, but fragments remain in the meat, tiny, sharp shrapnel.

i.imgur.com_kchBxp5.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it a good carry gun?

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

CHenry, you are familiar with the Raging Bull 8", this one is different in that it is much lighter. The detonations are extremely violent, enough to cause me to look for a specialty bullet - one that is high velocity with a much lighter warhead. If you don't lube the brass like how I showed in the pics, you are asking for problems with these heavy projectiles. The brass has to be lubed, or the extractions will be difficult, and the revolver will bind up. If you lube the brass, it will cycle just fine and extractions will be normal. As I have considered this overnight, I think .44 Magnum is too heavy for such a lightweight revolver, and I am going to search for a .44 Magnum munition in the opposite extreme of the choices available. Like I said, a very light weight bullet with a lot of velocity behind it. I was going to run some heavy .44 Specials through it today, but my hand is too sore.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CHenry, you are familiar with the Raging Bull 8", this one is different in that it is much lighter. The detonations are extremely violent, enough to cause me to look for a specialty bullet - one that is high velocity with a much lighter warhead. If you don't lube the brass like how I showed in the pics, you are asking for problems with these heavy projectiles. The brass has to be lubed, or the extractions will be difficult, and the revolver will bind up. If you lube the brass, it will cycle just fine and extractions will be normal. As I have considered this overnight, I think .44 Magnum is too heavy for such a lightweight revolver, and I am going to search for a .44 Magnum munition in the opposite extreme of the choices available. Like I said, a very light weight bullet with a lot of velocity behind it. I was going to run some heavy .44 Specials through it today, but my hand is too sore.

Thanks for the info bro.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info bro.

I just now placed an order for these; .44 Rem Mag Buffalo Bore Anti Personnel 180 Grain JHP Bullet 1500 fps 20 Rounds. Am hoping the lighter bullet works better for this gun. I'll fire it unlubed and see. I'll mess around with feeding it a variety of ammos, and I'll always post pics and give honest reviews. Then, we will move on to another handgun...

Latest posts

Top Bottom