Handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
0311 is immediately recognized as Infantry MOS to those in USMC. However, outside of USMC it is associated with KKK, and that is why I changed my name. I also have memberships on other gunboards and I was 0311 there, too. But I asked their administrators and mods to change my name. There was some pressure on me to blow it all off and just be 0311, but I couldn't do that; new people coming on board who didn't know about the MOS might automatically think I was an open KKK member on OSA. The six years I spent in the Suck were bad years. Grunts are treated very badly. When I drove out the rear gate that last time, I never looked in the rear view mirror. Junior Bonner will never mention his military service or the fact that he was a Marine Rifleman.

Edit: To other Jarheads, I was in 2/9.

Thanks for your Service to our Country!

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I understand it, today is a holiday, and that is why my Alaskan is at the airport in Memphis, instead of at Will Rogers right now. I got off work this morning hoping to check the tracking number this afternoon and see where it was, fully expecting it to be enroute to Durant. Se la vi, haha! Wanted so badly to get some pics of my son shooting it posted on OSA today. This is my son's last week here. He leaves for the Army next Monday. His sister is in the Navy and made Petty Officer 3rd Class last week, she is still a teenager. My kids, I have made them all join the Service. Fare well, my Little Ones...

Last edited:

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info about alternative meanings of 0311. I'm an old fart, but still learn something new every day. And I will also thank you for your service young man.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info about alternative meanings of 0311. I'm an old fart, but still learn something new every day. And I will also thank you for your service young man.

I learn something new almost every week. And soon, Marine, you and I will be learning something new about the Ruger Alaskan, right here, in Handguns! I knew an old Navy chaplain who had been in the same battalion as Chesty Puller's son, and knew him well first hand. What he said happened to Puller's son was horrifying, and heart breaking. Please don't thank me for anything, there is a member here named 0341 who did a good job, and deserves an "ataboy!"

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You've mentioned the mortarman at least two times, so I assume he was neck deep in bad stuff. A big salute to him also. I hope people notice that most guys (an ladies) that saw real action seldom talk about it.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got it!!! Ordered it off Bud's and had it sent to Uncle Stew's Gun Shop in Durant. Just now got home with it. Here is Lee, owner of Uncle Stew's posing with the Alaskan! More pics to follow in a little bit!

i.imgur.com_VN5ZQzx.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waiting for my boy to get back from Durant so we can go down below and shoot it!

i.imgur.com_W72hMMr.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

To release the cylinder, the release is pushed inward, as opposed to forward.

i.imgur.com_wP7DBYD.jpg

Built like a brick shithouse!

i.imgur.com_Xl2xOqK.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for your service sir. Its not somthing to be ashamed of. You served your country. That is more than some can say.

Isn't it gorgeous, AK? A fine piece of steel, and my first Ruger. Heavier than it looks, like all weapons of steel. Wish my boy would get back while it's still daylight and can get some pics of him shooting it.

i.imgur.com_VhXv8LT.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom