Happy Hollow-Sapulpa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IreneKennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last Sunday was a perfect day to go to the range. Short sleeve weather without any wind to speak of. Maybe a half dozen people cycling through the rifle range and about the same on the pistol range.

Don came out of the shack to instruct an older gentleman on target acquisition, sight aliment, and trigger control. The instructions was the same we learned in Boy Scouts, the Army, and throughout our adult lives--however as I was eavesdropping,(Don whispers like a cheerleader) he inadvertantly enforced what I was doing correctly and I got a couple of tips to hopefully improve my shooting.

Thumbs up on this perfect day and trip.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He runs a pretty tight range. A period of 10 or 15 minutes of shooting followed by about 10 minutes to check and place targets. Won't let you shoot more often than every three seconds, no rapid fire. And make sure you understand how to mount the targets into the target holder, otherwise he'll make fun of you over the loud speaker.

Nice range, but not my style.

OK Bush Pilot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy Hollow is close to me so if the weather is nice that is where my family & I go. The pistol range is a little crowded on the weekends. I love to go during the week, if no one else is on the range Don will let you pull and plot your target at your own pace. I have also experienced the wrath of wrongly installing the target. So listen to the way he tells you to do it & you won’t have any issues. In addition, old Don takes it easier on the ladies; my wife sweet talked him into submission. LOL All & all, a very affordable and family friendly range.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And make sure you understand how to mount the targets into the target holder, otherwise he'll make fun of you over the loud speaker.

I think this happens to everyone who's shot there. It's happened to me.

I used to like Happy Hollow but if you shoot more than 10 times a year it's cheaper to join Red Castle. RC's facilities are nicer and you can shoot *gasp* more than once every 3 seconds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom