Happy Saint Patricks day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The old folks said that this was the day to plant Arsh potatos.
White potatos pronounced Arsh potatos.

My Irish heritage grandfather always planted potatoes on St. Patrick's day. Said they would not do as well if any other day. I assisted him as a kid in the rain, once in the snow and other weather scenarios, but always on St. Pat's.

Wife and I are planting 'taters this evening when I get home..

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wearing my orange shamrock.......yep, my family fought for William of Orange, in the Battle of the Boyne.....1690. We are the "Orangemen" the protestants of Ireland. Yes, the ones that the Catholic IRA have been in civil war with. Cohiba

Yeah, I'm wearing an orange shirt. The British guy in our office recognized it off the bat, everyone else has been "You're not wearing green!"

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wearing my orange shamrock.......yep, my family fought for William of Orange, in the Battle of the Boyne.....1690. We are the "Orangemen" the protestants of Ireland. Yes, the ones that the Catholic IRA have been in civil war with. Cohiba

I would wear an orange shirt but I don't own one :(

Damn Fenian swine.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Proudly wearing green for Ireland (Catholic and Protestant alike), and proudly wearing blue for St. Patrick.

Tiocfaidh ár lá.

To hell with Cromwell and his Parliamentary invasion.

It's really sad that anyone would wear orange. Green is that national color be it you are protestant Irish or Catholic Irish. Orange is only worn by those who strong discriminate against Catholics, that is unless you are in the US, then its the colors that the GLAAD chose to protest the issues that occured concering the NY St Patrick's day parade.

So new rule... You arent wearing green I'm pinching the holy fuzz out of you. You're wearing orange, I'm kicking you in the Queen's berries.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom