Has anyone had a revolver break?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been toting new and used SW for about 30 years... and my father, and his father... I dont think we ever had a failure in a "hand-ejector SW".

Saw a light crimped handload jam up a gun... inertia will force the bullets forward and lock up the cylinder.

Colt SAA... broke a trigger spring once... but heck, she was at least 70 at the time.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't speak for everyone here, but I for one don't have any of those, and never will.

I hear comments like that and don't know anyone that has had a problem.
Not saying it doesn't happen but I don't think its a major issue like everyone wants to act like it is.
My glock that I love has had more issues than any of my S&W's with a lock.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a strange failure in a Model 66 at last year's Badlands IDPA.
Yoke broke inside where the retaining screw rides: took a chunk right out. At first, I thought the screw must have been loose, but it wasn't.

S&W put in a new yoke no charge and paid shipping both ways.

Gotta love the S&W customer service.
Started shooting S&W revolvers in 1970..............

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hear comments like that and don't know anyone that has had a problem.
Not saying it doesn't happen but I don't think its a major issue like everyone wants to act like it is.
My glock that I love has had more issues than any of my S&W's with a lock.

I've never heard of a problem either.I write it off as just a bunch interweb tripe.I carry a 340pd that has a lock daily in the summer.I have complete confidence in it.BTW,if there really were a lot of problems I can guarantee you S&W would issue a recall. Steve

kalebiscool

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had 2 Taurus Raging Bulls break. The first in 44 mag locked up the cylinder about 5 times before i figured the problem out. The second had the same lock-up problem, and after i fixed that the cylinder fell off the crane(454).I eventually got rid of both pistols and now own a Super Redhawk and absolutely love it. I hand load, and i have tried to hurt this thing and can't, its a tank....and weighs as much as a tank with a scope on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom