Has anyone heard that they may outlaw explosive targets in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you say this like its a bad thing? Who cares what people blow up on their own property. People need to mind their own business and not get so freaked out about every little boom.

He's not saying its a bad thing. He is saying that it creates a loud BOOM that neighbors will complain about. THUS drawing unnecessary attention to that substance.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who uses Tannerite should have their children taken and put in a foster home. Never know when a child might die because of an irresponsible parent.

You DO understand that it has to be impacted by a high velocity round right? You can't randomly set it off. For example, throwing it to the ground wouldn't do the trick. You can even hit it with a sledge hammer and it wont ignite.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you say this like its a bad thing? Who cares what people blow up on their own property. People need to mind their own business and not get so freaked out about every little boom.

That's what I think. My property, my fun.

I remember my first time, It was when my cousin and I were introduced to tannerite. Our buddy filled a plastic barrel with sixty pounds or so of it, set it out in the middle of a dried up pond in his back 80, and set one flying for it. It was a huge boom. Felt the concusion 300 yds away. His neighbors three miles up the road called the sheriff on all of us.

After the aww and laughter subsided, our buddy said it probably wasn't such a good idea popping off so much at once. Eight years later, that buddy is still the sheriff.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like anybody cares what those busybodies on Lincoln Blvd. think anyway. If they outlaw it I will still be buying it and blowing it up... just the tax dollars won't be going to those pricks anymore. I already make regular out-of-state beer runs... it wouldn't be any trouble to add one more item to the shopping list. Kind of like guys in CO do when they need standard cap magazines.

coorsman_ok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like anybody cares what those busybodies on Lincoln Blvd. think anyway. If they outlaw it I will still be buying it and blowing it up... just the tax dollars won't be going to those pricks anymore. I already make regular out-of-state beer runs... it wouldn't be any trouble to add one more item to the shopping list. Kind of like guys in CO do when they need standard cap magazines.

In Oklahoma we go by alcohol by weight and all of your domestics here are 3.2 by weight. That converts to 4% by volume. In strong beer states your domestics are only 5% by volume which converts to 3.9 by weight.
So you leave Oklahoma to go buy "strong beer" in another state and you're only gaining one beer per 12pk vs Oklahoma 3.2 beer. Man that's a lot of gas for one extra beer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy it? It's super easy to make...

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Non-watered-down beer can be bought in liquor stores here, so alcohol content isn't why I go out of state. Mainly it is because my favorite brewery, New Belgium, doesn't distribute in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom