Has anyone mounted a reddot scope to a buckmark?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes, I did.

No I didn't like it. I've *NEVER* liked dot sights on rimfires because rimfires are *precision* chamberings, used to shoot small critters or shoot small groups. Precision chamberings benefit greatly from and deserve a magnified optic. 1x optics are for big bore hunting rifles (MLs, .45-70s, etc.), other short range large game hunting rifles, defensive handguns, and fighting rifles. Not rimfires. 1x optics on rimfires of any kind (including rimfire handguns) make me a saaaaad panda. Just my .02.

Having said that, a HIGH QUALITY dot sight (ESD) that has clean crisp edges to the dot (e.g. Aimpoint) is a lot more satisfying than an ESD with a fuzzy edge, for getting said precision. But then you're paying what, $500 or more, for a rimfire sight? Just put a little variable scope on it if you're going to go to the trouble of mounting any kind of optic. Maybe a fixed 2 or 2.5 power, etc., handgun scope, with a nice clean set of thin-ish crosshairs.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Burris Fastfire II on mine and it definitely tightened up my groups. I don't particularly like the small finder size and the dot is fuzzy but it's better than others I've seen. I also have an UltraDot MatchDot on my Mark III and like it better, it as a much clearer dot, with adjustable dot size and brightness (it's all auto on the Burris) but the MatchDot is quite a bit bigger.

I definitely think that red dots are capable of improving accuracy, that said my next rimfire is going to wear a Burris pistol scope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom