HB 2994 Firearm Freedom Act!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scube

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice!:fullauto:

OKLAHOMA CITY (February 22, 2010) – Legislation declaring that firearms made and kept in Oklahoma are not subject to regulation by the federal government was recently passed out of a House committee.

House Bill 2994, by state Rep. John Enns, creates the “Firearms Freedom Act. The legislation references the Second, Ninth and 10th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution and declares firearms, accessories and ammunition made and sold in Oklahoma free from federal regulations.

“The Constitution allows the federal government to regulate interstate commerce, but firearms and their accessories manufactured and used within the state should not be subject to federal regulations,” Enns, R-Pawhuska, said. “This legislation helps to promote gun rights in Oklahoma and I am proud to see it on its way to the House floor.”

Enns said the legislation does not apply to all firearms, accessories and ammunition.

“Large firearms that cannot be carried and used by one person are not exempt under my legislation,” Enns said. “The bill also excludes guns that have a bore diameter greater than one and one-half inch using smokeless powder as a propellant and ammunition with a projectile that explodes.”

Guns must also be clearly marked “Made in Oklahoma,” Enns said.

“This last provision ensures easy enforcement,” Enns said. “If the gun is not clearly marked as ‘Made in Oklahoma,’ it will be difficult and time-consuming for law enforcement officials to determine whether or not it fits the law’s criteria.”

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the same as HB 2884, HB 3239, and SB 1685. Only differences between 2884 and 3239 is a space right before "Section 7" so that it reads " Section 7", and HB 2994 reads changes how it refers to the sections of Oklahoma law that it amends. SB 1685 changes a line.

ETA: 3239 died because Derby stepped out of line... It's all about who Benge and Tibbs want to have "credited" for the bill.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am glad they are pushing gun relate bills into the house, but if there are no firearm manufactures in Oklahoma then what good is this bill? I guess a factory might be more willing to move here.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am glad they are pushing gun relate bills into the house, but if there are no firearm manufactures in Oklahoma then what good is this bill? I guess a factory might be more willing to move here.

With MA and IL being less friendly I'm sure OK is being watched. Utah and Montana started these bills and other states are running with it as well.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sorry if I read too much into it BUT, if the BATFE regards "manufacturing" an SBR as submitting a form1 with $200 for a tax stamp and engraving the lower receiver with manufacturer info (individual, trust or FFL name and city/state), wouldn't this be acceptable by the state as the same sort of manufacture (minus the form1 and $200 fee)?
I would think that purchasing the components and engraving the receiver as "made in Oklahoma" along with whatever pertinent info would constitute an Oklahoma-made firearm.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sorry if I read too much into it BUT, if the BATFE regards "manufacturing" an SBR as submitting a form1 with $200 for a tax stamp and engraving the lower receiver with manufacturer info (individual, trust or FFL name and city/state), wouldn't this be acceptable by the state as the same sort of manufacture (minus the form1 and $200 fee)?
I would think that purchasing the components and engraving the receiver as "made in Oklahoma" along with whatever pertinent info would constitute an Oklahoma-made firearm.

Good point. Most gunsmiths who do custom work are regarded as "manufacturers" by Feds. I guess if this passes, all they have to do is engrave "Made in Oklahoma".

Latest posts

Top Bottom