HB 2994 Firearm Freedom Act!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the Oklahoma Legislature Website, this bill (HB2994) which I believe is essentially the same as the Vetoed Senate Bill but now without the Emergency Clause, was sent to the Governor today. Let's hope he does not Veto this Bill.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt the Governor will sign it considering his recent record but maybe it will pass with no action on the Governor's part.

I also noticed that the Vetoed Senate Bill with the Emergency Clause is back on the Senate Calendar again. I guess the strategy might be that if the House Bill is vetoed today by the Governor then the Senate could try again to Override the Veto of SB1685.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks. I can't wait until he is out of office. We need a Governor not a "shrinking violet" to stand up to the over reaching Federal government.

arkyhog

Marksman
Reaction score
This new act does not say Oklahoma cannot do a background check of its own. If this law passes and Oklahoma wants a background check, they can do one similar to the concealed carry background check. This bill says the federal government cannot regulate firearms which are made in this state and which remain in this state. If someone from another state buys a firearm in Oklahoma and wants to leave the state with it, they are subject to federal laws. It also means taxes paid on these firearms will remain with the state of Oklahoma.

It's a great law, and Governor Henry is definitely one who mangles the truth about proposed firearm laws. His NRA rating is a farce.

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA and I are done!! Here's the letter I sent them this morning:

I am writing you today because you still give Gov. Brad Henry of Oklahoma an "A" rating. This man has gutted our rights in the last year. He has vetoed two bills that would have restored some of our rights per the Constitution. Yet, the NRA stands by silently. I want Henry's rating reduced to an "F" because he clearly doesn't support the right to keep and bear arms in this country. He is also clearly in bed with obama and this doesn't sit well with me and (I'll bet) the other 99.9% of this country. (I meant to say State, but didn't).

Please do not contact me with anymore mailings asking me to join your organization. You clearly only stand for what "YOU" want and not what the Constitution guarantees. I was contemplating a lifetime membership with the NRA but I have changed my mind and will never give you people another dime of my hard-earned money because who knows where my money is going and to what cause you claim is for the Second Amendment. You clearly don't stand for the same principles that I do.

Me being a man of principles, you and I don't see eye to eye as you don't stand up for ALL Second Amendment rights, only the ones you think might be relevant. Here in Oklahoma, we could have had some of our rights restored AND, the House and Senate passed both bills by a large margin, yet the NRA stood silent. Ridiculously pathetic!

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had fired the NRA back when the supported the clinton gun ban. They spent all my dues asking me for more money.
I've been an annual members since obama was elected. I agree they do not fight for "shall not be infringed" like Gunowners of America does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom