HB2522: Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
SB1785 - Reciprocity with states that don't issue permits passed the House Public Safety Committee
SB1541 - Allowing AG and AAGs to carry a firearm anywhere with a permit passed the House Public Safety Committee
SB1733 - A committee substitute was introduced that replaced the text of SB1733 with the text of the engrossed HB2522 and passed the House Public Safety Committee

SB1743 - Allowing hunters to use suppressors had an amendment against poaching and passed the House Agriculture/Wildlife Committee

Now that SB 1733 is out House Public Safety Committee, Does it now go to the full house for a vote? If it passes there, will it then go to the Governor to be signed into law?

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, since they amended SB1733 to be in line with the former HB2522, I think it has to get reonciled. Full Senate can vote outright, or a conference committee between the two chambers; not quite sure.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that SB 1733 is out House Public Safety Committee, Does it now go to the full house for a vote? If it passes there, will it then go to the Governor to be signed into law?

Now it goes to the full house to be voted on. If they pass it, and they should since it is the exact same language they already passed, it will go back to the full senate for their approval. If the full senate approves it, then it goes to the gov.

At some point, someone might request a conference committee to reconcile HB2522 and SB1733. If that happens, then after the conference committee, the resulting bill would go to both full chambers for approval, and if they both approve it, it would go to the governor.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see here, whose turn is it in the tit-for-tat game to kill OC this session? Part of the Senate did not like HB2522 and basically killed it. So then the House basically killed SB1733 and replaced its wording with the original HB2522 wording. Now we are sending this "revised" SB1733 with the HB2522 original wording back to the Senate with great hopes they will be happy to pass it. If this all can be done in time, it then goes to the Governor for signature yes/no if there is time. Have I got all that right?

Sounds like we could start a new Jack Pot game, "Who Will Kill The Bill". It could be almost like a crap table. Selections could be Yes/No, House/Senate, Which House Member does something to kill it/Which Senate Member does something to kill the bill, and a Jack Pot prize if the Governor actually did sign what they came up with. On second thought we already have that, it is called "Life in Oklahoma" where everyone is a winner/looser.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they "killed" SB1733 and replaced its wording, so much as they added the other provisions found in HB2522 to SB1733. Again, this is not the same thing as what happened to HB2522 when it got to the Senate committee. In fact, Rep Hickman, who requested the amendment to SB1733, is the principal House author, which should mean all of this was run by Sen Sykes beforehand. I could be wrong, but I don't see Sykes as having indigestion over this.

AS has been said, the full Senate can just vote on the amended SB1733. Nobody is requesting a conference committee that I have heard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom