Headed to Afghanistan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. Cause this is what it's all about.

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_god_n_guns.jpg

What if it was a guy holding a Bible and an AR?

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My oldest is headed there too, but for his first (and hopefully only) tour. He's only got a year and a half left and he's headed over in November with the Marines as a Hospital Corpsman.

Good luck to jcbarlow and your son.

God bless your son as well okmic1. May He keep and protect him.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if it was a guy holding a Bible and an AR?

Meh, extremism in the name of religion doesn't have much to do with God, no matter which book some fool is holding up. It could be The Cat in the Hat for all I care. They're all a bunch of morons looking to kill or be killed.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I checked into my RSP unit this last Tuesday after pretty much just getting done with basic and found out I will be headed to Afghanistan around mid June. I leave the 24th of this month to do pre-moblilzation training at Camp Shelby, MS. It was definitely a shocker to the wife and kids because I Just graduated, but hey it is what it is. I am trying to make the best of it and in all reality it probably is the best time for this to happen anyways. Where I will be in Afghanistan I am told has internet access, but Ill believe it when I see it. I am due back April of next year and have 2 weeks leave mid-deployment, so there are a whole lot of guys that have it way worse than I do. Also, my MOS is 11 Bravo and I will be going with the 45th Infantry Brigade.

My oldest is on his way also... his third tour..

My oldest is headed there too, but for his first (and hopefully only) tour. He's only got a year and a half left and he's headed over in November with the Marines as a Hospital Corpsman.

Thanks to all of you and your families for the sacrifices you are making for the rest of us. To those going over, stay safe.

Like others have said, I would LOVE to be able to provide items to you guys that you need. Please do not hesitate to ask.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just thought I'd keep in touch w/everyone. Like anyone that has been in the Army knows nothing in the Army at all is certain. My orders got changed at the very last minute and now I'm in Kuwait instead of Afghanistan, defintely a huge disappointment. I have been here almost 2 months now. Where I am at we have internet access and a huge gym to workout at. I hope all you back home are doing well. On a side note does anyone have or know someone who has a fridge for a decent price? The wife just told me today ours went out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom