Headed to the Gulf soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In about 12 days I’m going again. Two girls playin softball and the coaches keep scheduling more games but they are just gonna have to miss a couple cuz we gotta go on vacation soon before it’s hayfield time. Weaning cattle follows the hayfield and then it’s bout time to started feeding cattle. It seems like every year goes faster. Especially when I come to this thread and see the discussion of this trip over the years all in one spot.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
In about 12 days I’m going again. Two girls playin softball and the coaches keep scheduling more games but they are just gonna have to miss a couple cuz we gotta go on vacation soon before it’s hayfield time. Weaning cattle follows the hayfield and then it’s bout time to started feeding cattle. It seems like every year goes faster. Especially when I come to this thread and see the discussion of this trip over the years all in one spot.

I just went down to Galveston last week to take care of some family stuff. You have to go to Katie’s seafood over by the cruise terminals. The best seafood I have ever eaten. Everything they serve was caught on their own boats that morning. Their oysters and yellow grouper was so good it almost brought a tear to my eye. Literally one of the best meals I have ever eaten. They also have a market next door that you can pick up some stuff to take home.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone bring me back a few pounds of fresh shrimp! Man I miss living down there. I spent years growing up in Kemah on Galveston Bay. Fresh shrimp, flounder, red fish and King Mackerel. Yummmmm! I have a pic somewhere of me about 9 I think with a stringer of redfish I caught in the channel running past our house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom