Headed to the Gulf soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went down to Galveston last week to take care of some family stuff. You have to go to Katie’s seafood over by the cruise terminals. The best seafood I have ever eaten. Everything they serve was caught on their own boats that morning. Their oysters and yellow grouper was so good it almost brought a tear to my eye. Literally one of the best meals I have ever eaten. They also have a market next door that you can pick up some stuff to take home.
Another vote for Katie's. Ate there 2 weeks ago. Delicious.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good memories deep sea fishing for red snapper and not so good memories of being stung by a jelly fish while swimming at the beach....thank goodness for bleach water...at least it kills most of the pain....

girlfriend loves the beach, but doesn’t like Galveston for that reason. She supposedly had scarring all over her leg from a jellyfish for most of her childhood.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the next few weeks or so, wife and I should be in the Gulf area, specifically Mobile, Alabama. However, the biggest thing of interest to me (at least at this moment) is the battleship USS Alabama. Might just have to see about paying a visit there.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the next few weeks or so, wife and I should be in the Gulf area, specifically Mobile, Alabama. However, the biggest thing of interest to me (at least at this moment) is the battleship USS Alabama. Might just have to see about paying a visit there.

Oh man I can remember visiting the USS Texas when I was a kid. My brother and I would play on the AA guns tracking ships going down the channel. I still have an photo showing the Texas, a ship in the channel and the San Jacinto monument. I wonder if you can still go to the top of it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom