heading to atoka to scout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, my daughter got drawn for atoka rifle end of next month. Was heading down to scout this weekend.
She killed her first buck last year (11 years old) and is hoping to score another buck this year.

Anybody here hunt there before? any suggestions on areas to look at? never been down there but she is excited for the opportunity!
How are the gravel roads in the wma pretty rough with the recent rain?

Bowler7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can get pretty nasty if it's wet. You'll definitely need 4wd if it's raining. The youngest son drew out two years ago. Good people that run the hunt. Early scouting is key start on the west side. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can get pretty nasty if it's wet. You'll definitely need 4wd if it's raining. The youngest son drew out two years ago. Good people that run the hunt. Early scouting is key start on the west side. Good luck.

thanks! Did you have any luck with the youth?
We did some scouting but it was brutal hot! We are itching pretty bad now...lol Never a fun time to scout when in the 90's walking in high grass...etc

Found some potential spots. roads were great.

Bowler7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got overrun by turkeys. But didn't take a deer. Most of the shooting we heard come from the west side. Some creeks on that side looked good but they were crowded early.

Latest posts

Top Bottom