heartland auction is coming up..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have half a mind to attend without my checkbook or wallet, just to watch all the guys who think theyll get a deal.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't have much luck at auctions. It's like a mob mentality where bidders aren't bidding for an item as much as they're bidding against someone else.

I'll pass, but thanks for the information.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have much luck at auctions. It's like a mob mentality where bidders aren't bidding for an item as much as they're bidding against someone else.

I'll pass, but thanks for the information.

Went to an auction where a 22' double axle bumper pull trailer went for more than a 53' aluminum flatbed semi trailer and tractor. Tried to talk a guy I knew to pick up the combo and then just resell it, tractor ran and had air pressure would have hooked up and went a few miles down the road to a place he had and could have sold the combo for twice what he would have paid. Was just a bidding war on the trailer thing went for nearly 8000 and another that was the same size and slightly less heavy duty went for 6000. Could have bought new easier.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think there will be any great deals to be had. an auctioneer told me that a reserve can be set for each piece, negating any hopes of getting it for less than wholesale. Since they also have to collect tax and I'm betting transfers will cost, those good deals just became regular price. IMO, I'd bet Barry knows enough of the right people to help drive prices up. some of them have a lot of disposable cash and very little sense of what the items should actually bring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom