Heartland Outdoors SHUTS DOWN 12-31-13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang....I drove by in late December to pick up a few gift cards for some buddies and they were packed, so I decided to just grab a couple down at ol' Bass Pro since I was heading downtown anyway. Dodged a bullet on that deal! Sorry to hear about the closing though, really am. I shot there on occasion when I didn't feel like driving out out to my land. I also picked up some reloading stuff there from time to time....but man, I would agree their prices were sky high most of the time.

Part of the decision to close may have been the Cabela's coming to Memorial too. The thing HO had going for them was proximity for all the Edmondites....with a Cabelas going in 5 miles away, he had to know the sales side would be dropping off.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Nobody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their website home page confirms it and states to call the store to make arrangements to redeem gift cards. All gift cards must be used by 1/15/2014

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their website home page confirms it and states to call the store to make arrangements to redeem gift cards. All gift cards must be used by 1/15/2014

s22.postimg.org_izljkn8dd_image.png

webpage

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drove by the store this AM. All that was on the door was a 8.5"x11" sign that said "Closed". I am no business man, but it seems like this was a less than ideal way to go out of business. Just up and lock the doors and make payroll one last time. Wonder what the rest of the story is.

Hump 66, when is said range planning on opening? Will it also have a retail operation?

Honestly its frustrating for those of us who live on the north side of the metro...no gun shops. It would be cool if someone could learn from HO's mistakes and make a successful go of it. H&H is great, but its a 30 min drive for me. Ok archery is another great store...again, long drive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom