Heartland Outdoors SHUTS DOWN 12-31-13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a heartland gift card for Christmas.:crying:

I would definitely find out if that person used a CC and let them know to dispute it with their CC company. That is what always irritates me about a business that the owner knows they are going to close. Have some character and quit selling memberships and gift cards!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
lets hope someone buys it and fills the showroom with items that people really will buy. average joes won't/can't buy $50 Sitka brand hoodies!
I stopped In once a week or so, just to spend a few minutes. Never saw anything that I wanted or needed. Good luck to the employees of the store.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you're happy about it since they ran your sorry ass off.now get off the internet and build those holsters I paid you for 5 freekin years ago

i1324.photobucket.com_albums_u607_jmike314_423_zps44c25f35.gif

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What time was it really happen? Can you confirm that?
(Not sure which forum gets more traffic, so am posting again to get the word out)

Just heard (and confirmed) that store owner Barry Bryant walked into the store today. 12-31-13, and told everyone Heartland Outdoors is DONE, effective immediately. This came as a sucker punch to all the employees, as there was no warning. This, despite his assurances on some forums that HO would "be around for many years."
There will be an auction coming up, so be alert for that.

But if you have something you paid for on order, in for repair, on layaway, etc, you might want to contact Barry and work things out...if possible.

If you bought or received a Heartland Outdoors membership, well, you're out of luck.

My heart goes out to the HO employees, as their New Year is starting with them being unemployed.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not happy about another gunrange/Gunshop closing. But some folks might have more than a passing interest in this turn of events if they have prepaid for a gun that hasn't arrived.

As far as making your holster, email me and we can discuss it civilly.
we have discussed it many times. your email crashed,your web site went down,your dog ate your home work yada yada yada.if you could produce holsters as quick as you produce excuse's you might not have the reputation of being a horriable businessman you have

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What an employee told me is Barry walked in, said the store wasn't making enough money and that he's closing it down, effective immediately. Oh, and Happy New Year. From my sources, Barry was the only one who knew he was going to do this, so the employees sold those gift cards in good faith. That's why I suggested specifically contacting Barry.

Note it was the last day of the year, so business-wise, it must've made sense to him. The original lease expired June, 2014, so he's got at least 6 months to do whatever he's going to do.

The auction will be interesting, as the lease agreement stipulates that Barry has to return the premises to original. IE; no range, no $70,000 filters, etc.

If someone else bought it, that'd be great, but that may not make business sense to Barry as far as the tax man goes.

We shall see.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sad to see an area range close.

Really sucks for the employees, and how about a going out of business sale?

That place would have been real convenient for me but the range and membership prices were just too high. I drive way out of my way to use my membership at H&H.

Latest posts

Top Bottom