Heartland Outdoors SHUTS DOWN 12-31-13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So let me get this straight: you copied and pasted a post from the other thread to personally bash me in this thread, referencing a 2 yr old post I made that you didn't like....when both threads are about announcing the unexpected closing of a business that might affect people in a significant way.....

Um, ok....
the mod combined the threads, and you're still a scumbag

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this for the employees. I never made any major purchases there, and only shot on the range a couple of times since H&H is so much closer to where I live. When the ammo shortage hit, I was able to pick up a couple hundred 22-250 brass at a kind of high price, but at least they had it.

I have been in the store maybe ten times total, and was only "high hatted" once. Sometimes my looks do not match my net worth, especially on pawn shop expeditions, and that was one of those days.

It is my understanding that the store has never made money. High rent, high prices, heavy and slow moving inventory, some kinfolk staffing, loss of the tax advantage that made the electric vehicle sales part of the business non-viable, and the fact that gun sales have a small profit margin are some of the things that probably contributed to the decision to close.

I understand that Big Boys in Mustang is building a range. I wonder, if the HO range will be dismantled, whether Mike might have some interest in all or part of it.

For those of you thinking about picking up the location, you could probably get good info from Hoov, who once worked there. Surprised he hasn't posted here yet. Edmond could support such an operation, but the fixed costs of the current location are pretty fierce. I think H&H may have considered picking up the location at one time, but don't know what their thinking will be now.

Again, "Happy New Year, and here's your last paycheck!" Been there, and wish everyone affected the best of luck.

Oh--about the other issue that has surfaced in this thread--if this was a bar, I'd be asking that the discussion be taken outside.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So let me get this straight: you copied and pasted a post from the other thread to personally bash me in this thread, referencing a 2 yr old post I made that you didn't like....when both threads are about announcing the unexpected closing of a business that might affect people in a significant way.....

Um, ok....

the mod combined the threads, and you're still a scumbag

I remember an exchange two years ago where David E explained why he didn't have the holsters done. I'll never buy anything from him or patronize any business he is associated with as a direct result of that thread.

Hey, since we are airing this out in the open, how about some back story or links.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Um, ok....

No one cares about the "story", everyone has one. Produce the freaking holsters and it's done.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to Heartland and their employees, (no pun intended). Any time a gun store or range goes under is bad news to all weapon enthusiast. I am seeing this happen a lot lately. I am sure we will see this happen more as the year goes on. I have also seen this taking place with vendors at the gun shows too. The bottom line is when the owner/company is not making a profit, thus going into the red, he has no other choice but to sell the business, go bankrupt, or close down before he has to declare bankruptcy. Before making that decision, chances are that the owner/ company has made every effort to increase profit.

I have never been to Heartland, but I am sure it was a nice place to shoot at, and they sponsored machine gun shoots along with Cold Hand Arms, which according to our members was a lot of fun. Lets remember the good times and not the bad. Berry having to shut it down and go out of business, is not an easy choice an owner has to make. Have a little heart for Hartland (again, no pun intended) they are doing this because they have no other choice.

The idea of members going in together and buying the place is a good idea, but remember he closed down for a reason, think about that reason before you invest your money. Just a suggestion.

Good luck Berry, and all the Heartland employees in future endeavors.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, since we are airing this out in the open, how about some back story or links.

the back story on the holsters just google kytac and read the threads all over the net from the people David E has ripped off.
on the Heartland issue he used to run the matches there and took advantage of the place so they ran him off. so his rush to be the the first to announce thier closing just shows what kind of guy he is.
i ordered and paid for a bravehart and a sooper hooper for glocks plus two mag pouches. i never recieve them ,he ignored my phone calls and emails for 2 years as well as many other peoples. when his practices started being posted all over the net he got on and said his computer crashed and he lost all info and everyone should email him again, some people got thier orders most didn't. when i finally caught him again he said his email had been hacked and lost all info etc.etc.etc. 5 years no holsters and i don't even have the guns anymore they were ordered for

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just came here to post about Heartland closing it's doors unexpectedly and that if that affected you, to contact Barry. Time could well be of the essence, so I posted about it as soon as I had two reliable sources.

You know nothing about my three years of running the matches there, or anything else about it. I personally brought $50,000 to HO, so I really "took advantage," didn't I....

I didn't come here to promote me or my holsters, much less dredge up something from 2-5 yrs ago. I have been polite and civil, asking for an email if a problem still exists. So far, no emails and obviously no reciprocity of civility.

"Make the holsters!"

Ok.....for whom? I don't know who belongs to what screen name. Is it the guy who had his check bounce? Is it the guy that gave me a bad address and phone number? Is it the guy that never paid for it, but expects it anyway? Is it the guy I gave $150 worth of gear to only to have him say he doesn't have the money right now, but he will next Friday....but never paid for any of it but is still wondering when I'll make his 5th mag pouch? Is it the guy that wanted (and received$ a $200 custom baby-blue rig for his wife, but only paid for his? (All have happened)

Or did I just plain **** up? (Yeah, that's happened, too)

Presuming it's the latter, I can't fix it if I don't know who you are or what you ordered.

So either email me about your specific problem at [email protected] so I can remedy the situation......or shut up.

I'm done here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom