Helicopter vs mountain lion--cost comparisons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had two young cows killed and torn apart. The large cat tracks around the bodies had nothing to do with their deaths 'cause there are no lions in central Oklahoma and the would not go after any animal as large as my cows.(I can't afford to let them stay around) My traps keep getting hauled off too. Of course I always obey the law and would never molest a lion.

Contact the ODWC or USDA. They will send out a trapper out. We had a lion taking small pets in my area. Our local USDA trapper put it down.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cali laws or not, in ML country you hike with a fire arm, or at least I do. Even if it's my Buckmark. My ESEE-5 on my hip and BM easily accessible in my pack works fine.

Edit: for those in the know, what would happen if the ML, as stated in the article was just standing there not letting the hiker pass and with a gun or knife in hand charge at the ML. Sort of a Kamakazi run with the hope of the ML thinking WTF and turning tail and running away. Seems like it would work as the ML would think he went from predator to prey and freak out.

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And to think humans killed all manor of beasts for thousands of years with sharpened sticks......if you have to call a helicopter to scare of a mountain lion maybe you should stay out of the woods. You probably aren't the woods type

Latest posts

Top Bottom