Helium shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, I've been going around to the car lots in the middle of the night and secretly switching out the helium in their advertising ballons. I repack them with horse manure and they don't even know it until it's too late.

Right now, I have an old 10000 gallon fuel bladder that I smuggled back home from the Gulf War in my duffel bag up in my attic FULL of the stuff. The only problem is that my foundation is starting to lift from the dirt a little.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_disney_five_carl.jpg

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
helium shortage is just a hoax. i just got tons of helium at the store!

so much for al gore and his helium shortage.

Actually it's not a hoax. You can get helium in small small quantities in canisters, but big industrial tanks are very hard to come by, especially if you're not a big industrial company with a contract. My friend has been turned down by 5 places already in the city due to the shortage. Some places flat out don't have any and some have a few, but are reserved for companies who already have a contract and buy in bulk for their industrial needs.

He's in the process of going back to all the places that didn't have any a few weeks ago to see if they have any in now. He had to push his balloon launch to a tentative date in June, so most of his students will have to come back on their own time in the summer after this semester if they want to take part in the project.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I was a child, helium was one of the most common gases in the atmosphere. Helium was all over the street. Now it's escaping into outerspace. Ninety-nine cartoon ballons? You'll be lucky to come up with forty-seven.

MDO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny post. We just had our kids bday party this weekend and i forgot to get some helium from our welding supply vendor. So i went to the party store down the st and the lady was tellling me of how there was a shortage. I think one of the chains here in Tulsa must have ran low on funds and didnt order any. My vendor has tons of cubic feet of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom