Helium shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Air Gas won't sell it to you unless you are on a guarantee contract. My contact said they have been threatened with getting fired if they break the rule. There isn't a shortage of helium, the problem is with the quantity AG buys. They are the largest buyer of helium. You can find it in about any other welding supply store. AG has decided that supplying the little guy is no longer in their best interest.

Curious, I have been out of the business for years, but Air Gas? Is that their name now? Back in the day it was Air Liquide or Liquid Air on SW 29th, starting in the mid to late 70's. Memory fails me, just wondering, because I believe their plant is still there if I am not mistaken.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lone Wolf '49 said:
Curious, I have been out of the business for years, but Air Gas? Is that their name now? Back in the day it was Air Liquide or Liquid Air on SW 29th, starting in the mid to late 70's. Memory fails me, just wondering, because I believe their plant is still there if I am not mistaken.

I thought they were two different companies

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_imagesqtbnANd9GcQ68jNTbOShR4irEPoqb.jpg

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Helium shortage?

Where'd it all go... isn't it still out there somewhere? :anyone:

It's kinda like conserving water... as far as I know, all the water is still around. It's not like it leaves the planet or something.

Actually, that's precisely what it does. It's so light that it moves up to the highest levels of the atmosphere and ultimately escapes into space.

Latest posts

Top Bottom