Helluva Chinook pilot....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty impressive. That pilot has skills. I wonder if he got any civilian job offers after the show. I’ve only been on one of those twice and it was interesting.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know little about this helicopter and never served in the military. But, I always wondered how they kept the front and rear rotors from getting tangled up. I know they are at different heights but the flex in the blades seem like they could be an issue. Are the blades timed as well?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know little about this helicopter and never served in the military. But, I always wondered how they kept the front and rear rotors from getting tangled up. I know they are at different heights but the flex in the blades seem like they could be an issue. Are the blades timed as well?

An old buddy of mine who flew these said yes. These are one a heck of a helo !

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The stress on the rotor blades has to be enormous.

I've flown with a few chopper pilots at 29 Palms that were bat s*^t crazy. A few times I thought the blades were going to strike the deck due to lack of altitude and angle of bank. One time we sucked up some comm wire and had to make a rather hard landing.....fun times at the Stumps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom