Helluva Chinook pilot....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the coolest things I’ve seen were two Chinooks doing a simultaneous in flight refuel from one of those big tankers/jets. The Chinooks had to fly at top speed and the tanker had to fly at minimal speed, which also resulted in a gradual descent for the tanker. They started at a high altitude and the chopper pilots had to match the tanker’s decent as they refueled, then broke off when they reached the tanker’s hard stop.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2nd time on one was during ODS transporting prisoners from the front. Pilot flew full throttle 35 feet off the deck the whole way. Scared the hell out of the prisoners.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck I thought someone caught me on video tryin to fly that thing in 1983.

That was apparently at an overseas airshow and an RAF pilot. Guy had to have a trailer just to carry his balls.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck I thought someone caught me on video tryin to fly that thing in 1983.

That was apparently at an overseas airshow and an RAF pilot. Guy had to have a trailer just to carry his balls.

I'm think'n that the guy that was in the window waving might be a little braver --- he had no control at all!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
What is even more impressive is that is two pilots flying that bad boy!! Not co-pilot but actually takes both to fly it . They are no fun to ride in, constant corrections is like being on a boat/ship in rough seas. :puke:

Latest posts

Top Bottom