Help Identify this Shotgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been two years this month since my dad passed on. He used to have an old side by side shotgun that we lugged around on many a hunting adventure. It was a double trigger, internal hammer, short barreled 12 gauge affair. I think it might have been a Savage/Sears model but I can't recall. He would've purchased it sometime in the mid 70's.

He traded the gun off awhile before he died, while off on a life adventure out in Washington State...Anyway, I figured the OSA collective brain might be able to spitball what model it is so I can try to find a similar version to add to the collection.

hunting copy.jpg

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a Savage model 311.

I *think* there were cheaper Stevens and Sears and Roebuck models.
I have seen a version with pressed checkering walnut stock marked "Fox." It sure wasn't a true high end model like the old Fox Sterlingworth (spelling?) models from the early 1900s.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds like a Savage model 311.

I *think* there were cheaper Stevens and Sears and Roebuck models.
I have seen a version with pressed checkering walnut stock marked "Fox." It sure wasn't a true high end model like the old Fox Sterlingworth (spelling?) models from the early 1900s.

concur. I have a 20g thats marked "cleveland" and "sportsman", essentially a 311

Latest posts

Top Bottom