help me pimp my 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Please, please, please don't fall victim to the people who think that a 1911 must be 'pimped' with a bunch of useless features to make it into an accurate, reliable, or attractive looking pistol.

It's absolutely perfect looking in the GI configuration, and works perfectly well as is.

If needed, a pair of bigger/better sights will help out most shooters, and if you're a high-hold or fat-handed shooter, a hammer-bob will keep away the dreaded "hammer bite".

You could replace some the internals -- a sear and disconnector, perhaps an extractor -- from one of the big name places (King's, Ed Brown, etc) and that would help your long-term reliability if you are thinking of CCW.

Other than that...you'd just be adding bling for the sake of bling.

on this particular one it's not about performance or reliability.... it's all about the bling!!!!
actually I don't want a major difference in appearance. I am thinking about black parts such as a skeleton trigger,beaver tail and bobbed hammer..some sights for now but who knows maybe the slide needs some inlaid jewels in the future! bling bling!

Edmond

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only thing it "needs" are night sights, IMO. If you're going to carry the gun, you might end up carrying it at night when light conditions aren't ideal.

That's the only thing I'm having done to my Mil Spec for now. Any more and I should've just gotten a higher end model, which is what I'll probably do next.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better sights and a trigger job, first. Everything else is just to make it "your" gun.

check with Olyeller, he can do lots of stuff for you.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually the slide was flat but the frame was far from it. Also I did not expect the frame to be case hardened so I had to heat treat it before I could do anything.

Still got a ways to go before it is finished.

This is not my carry gun just a project.

Are the SA frames made out of a 4140 forging? If so, that's just odd not to do the normal quench and temper (through harden). It's usually done to the forging before machining. :scratch:

Latest posts

Top Bottom