Help! Need some PayPal advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it is a scam, you wire the "shipping fee" then a week or two later, their funds bounce and you are out your money. Same thing that they do with checks. I usually have some fun with them and give them the address of the FBI field office

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SCAM!

Actually had the same thing tried when I was selling an old washer and dryer on Craigslist. Offered me an extra $50 over the $125 price.

As recommended above, no more contact of any kind with these leeches.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Why do people even communicate with buyers like this. Who really buys a couch from someone on Craigslist and wants it shipped? Do they not sell couches where they live?

I laugh every time I read a story about someone losing money in scams like this. I figure if they aren't smart enough to understand the basic fundamentals of selling items, they probably need a life lesson to wake them up. I have sold many items on CL and Ebay and these emails went straight to the spam folder. I damn sure wouldn't have given them my phone number.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do people even communicate with buyers like this. Who really buys a couch from someone on Craigslist and wants it shipped? Do they not sell couches where they live?

I laugh every time I read a story about someone losing money in scams like this. I figure if they aren't smart enough to understand the basic fundamentals of selling items, they probably need a life lesson to wake them up. I have sold many items on CL and Ebay and these emails went straight to the spam folder. I damn sure wouldn't have given them my phone number.

Well she's young and naive about these things. But she did figure something was up with the paypal thing and frankly I was confused at how it could go awry myself. That is until I saw the supplied paypal link in one of the texts, then I knew I needed to check. I've told everyone I know, never ever, EVER hit a link in an email, text, etc. unless you are 100% positive you know the person that sent it to you. And even then I roll over whether who sent it to me knows about this stuff.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What will happen is they "send" the money via paypal. . . the "movers" will be the person's family members if not the person. The "extra" you give to the movers they keep plus the couch. Later on you find out that the paypal account was hacked or they file some grievance against you. You are out the couch and the cash.

Craigslist=Cash plain and simple and even then do the transaction at a bank if you can especially if it's more than 200.00 so they can check the cash and it can be deposited in your account right away. Getting counterfeit money isn't something you will want to do either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom