Help With New Shotgun Purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up ordering a new Mossberg 590 8+1 capacity for $320 total. I think I did well with the price. Once it comes in I'll throw my tac stock on it and put on my similar looking forearm that I have without the strap on it.

picturearchive.gunauction.com_2794083018_11499072_pix283683643.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up ordering a new Mossberg 590 8+1 capacity for $320 total. I think I did well with the price. Once it comes in I'll throw my tac stock on it and put on my similar looking forearm that I have without the strap on it.

That's a pretty nice deal on a doorbreacher 590. Good snag.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The looks of the door breacher is awesome. I hope I never need one, but have read you need a different round (powdered shot or something) rather than a buck or birdshot due danger of blowback?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 590 should come with a metal safety button. if it doesn't, spend the $20 and get one. one little bump and those crappy plastic ones disintegrate.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned 2 Remington 870's and 2 Mossbergs (590A1 and 500), I finally ended up with a Mossberg 500 Flex. Both guns are good, no doubt! I would joined the Mossberg forum they have good advice and inside contacts at the company if you ever need them. Cheers!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where did you score it for that price?!?!?

http://www.gunauction.com/shop/items.aspx

I saw them going for a great price so I signed up, it was my first time using a gun auction site. Sportsman Supply has a few listed every day on gunauction.com and gunbroker but on gunbroker they usually get bidded up about $40 higher. Sportsman Supply shipped quickly and even emailed me the tracking number so I could track its arrival to the FFL.

I won the auction at $290 + $15 for shipping and found an FFL for $10 (instead of $15 originally) = $315

I've seen the auction end around $280 but I was too impatient to keep lurking the site.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a quick (and late) comment about the 870. We use 870s for the Shotgun programs at our local Boy Scout camps (Slippery Falls, Diamond H, and at various Troop camp outs). Our current inventory has four 870s that are about 4 years old, each having shot hundreds of rounds each season. As long as they are cleaned and lubed regularly, they function flawlessly. We tend to shoot them mostly in single-clay, single shot situations, and they don't see much duty in wet or cold conditions, so your mileage may vary. Our Shooting Sports committee members and camp counselors are quite pleased with them.