Help with rail and ring height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumanVr4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me first start off by saying thanks for any help, and I don't have a clue on what I'm doing. This is my first rifle that needs a scope, so everything is new to me.

I just picked up a left handed savage arms 10 FLCP-SR in .308 ( http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10FLCPSR ) and a NightForce SHV 5-20-56 ( http://www.nightforceoptics.com/shv/5-20×56 )

I want to run a full 20MOA rail but it needs to work on a left handed gun. Only rail that I can find that says it will work "Designed for right-or left-hand actions" is a nightforce x-treme duty. I would really like to run a non extended rail, so I don't have to take a chance and have to trim the rail in the front to make it fit. If you all know of any rail that would fit what I'm looking for please let me know.

Now onto ring height since I don't have a rail yet I can't take any mesurments, the only thing I can tell you is my scope is 56mm with a objective outer diameter of 65mm, and I would like to run flip open covers. I have been looking at Seeking rings, and Nightforce ultralite rings, but I'm unsure of what height I need. Do I need to order the base and scope caps first to get the correct measurement?

Thanks for your help.

Jerry

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Highs will work, but mediums may as well. I am running low rings with 62 and 64mm objective diameters and have very little clearance. This is on a Surgeon, On the Remington it is a hair better, but still would not work with scope caps. Stick to Mediums or highs, and if you can make the drive head on out to Gene Sears and they will get you fixed up with what you need. Be sure to take the scope, rail, and rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom