Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I originally post this in the Rifle section and they suggested that I try posting it here. Here is the entire thread:

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1117847&posted=1#post1117847

I have one of these....

ai454.photobucket.com_albums_qq265_ShadyShay_album_07_Draco_Champion_Pistol_7_62x39.jpg

and would like to turn it into one of these......

ai454.photobucket.com_albums_qq265_ShadyShay_album_ak47.jpg

My first question is:

Is it legal?

2nd

Where to start?

Thanks for the help!:anyone:

Teufelshunde

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shady.... if your just adding a stock you'll need to fill out and submit a form 1 to the NFA branch at the ATF.Along with $200 dollars and two sets of finger prints. Dont attach the stock until you have your approval.

If you really want a longer barrel its going to take a lot of work...too much.. IMO

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What exactly are you wanting? You have pictured a Type 1 AK47 which is probably worth 8 or 9 of those Draco pistols. Do you want a fixed stock? Underfolder? Sidefolder?

If you're keeping the barrel length what it currently is you would have to turn it into a Short Barrel Rifle and do the proper forms and pay a $200 tax stamp.

Any way you go on the stock it would be removing the trunnion in it now, welding up the holes, and installing a new trunnion to accept the stock of your choice after getting the approved paperwork back of course.

Basically you'd file a Form 1 and pay $200, get the pistol engraved with your info, wait for the approved form to come back, and then do the work to the gun after you get it back approved.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was me and wanted the 16" barrel, I would just sale the pistol and buy a new gun. Taking the pistol to a 16" long gun may coast you more money for the work and parts. IMO... JB

Latest posts

Top Bottom