heritage rough rider review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I broke down and bought a gun from sports world because they were the only people that had one in town, price was a little high but not like Dong's high. the older gentelman behind the counter acted like he was above helping me or answering my questions, which actually caused me to leave once and not purchase a gun, But then I went back and a older lady helpped me and was really nice.

anyhow on the pistol, it looks really nice at first glance, but the details in the fit and finish are not great, all the screws have sharp edge's where they used the wrong size screwdriver to tighten them and they twisted in the slot. however the gun has a great selling point. the price! I paid $202 for the 4.75" model that is a .22lr/mag combo with 2 cylinders, laminated grips and the matte finish. and they had some blued mocels as low as $155.

the gun does feel good in the hand and from playing with it all last night it seems to lock up good and not have alot of trigger slop. so all in all for a cheap little good looking plinker you can't go wrong.

I will let you know how it shoots as soon as I can get out and do some plinking.

ai49.tinypic.com_wkfd61.jpg

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody had it apart, and put together with wrong tools; I highly doubt they allow wood-screw-tipped screwdrivers anywhere near the factory.

Great little guns, very accurate ... especially for the price.

truckmann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been happy with mine so far. It shoots great and is really accurate.
Little thing sure has a hair trigger on it. Was a really good deal for the price.

Karat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one from Outdoor America with the 3 1/2" barrel and birdshead grip for $160 and it is awesome....I would say it is more fun to shoot than its bigger brothers in .357 and .45LC, because you don't really have to worry about wasting ammo...the safety is a little weird though, really used to that transfer bar saftey on my Ruger.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering how much more power I would get out of the .22mag in such a short barrel? any thoughts? fun to shoot? worth the extra ammo cost?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering how much more power I would get out of the .22mag in such a short barrel? any thoughts? fun to shoot? worth the extra ammo cost?

I never thought so. Unless you're shooting bigger varmints (beavers, possums, Farrel dogs that aren't friendly, etc...), its just not worth it. .22LR will plink as good as anything else and it will dispatch just about any varmint that decides to mess with you while you're hiking around, or fishing, etc...

Biggest mistake I ever made was getting a Henry Lever-action in .22 mag instead of .22lr. I sold that gun because it wasn't worth keeping up with .22 mag and I never really needed it over .22LR

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I truly don't mind the extra cost it's not terrible. It could be worse...I love shooting mine when I can get out of the ole ladys hands...all I've shot with mine is some turtles and paper...

Latest posts

Top Bottom