Hey Fly Fishermen...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my flyrod out to a pond this afternoon, and managed to catch 3 huge bluegill. I'm talking eating size. They are getting ready to be on the beds. I could watch several couples doing the spawning dance in the clear water. they just aren't agressive enough now. A week or so, it will be good. They would follow my Royal wuff, but wouldn't take it, or just mouth it.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm good on my one rod for now. I can't really use it anyway. If it is like anything, I know I'll have more rods eventually. My next would probably be a shorter one for smaller water.

My first rod and reel was a 5wt. I got a 3 wt later and have been using that almost all the time. My new reel for the 5 should be here this week along with my furled leaders so I probably be giving the 5 a work out when the water allows.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my flyrod out to a pond this afternoon, and managed to catch 3 huge bluegill. I'm talking eating size. They are getting ready to be on the beds. I could watch several couples doing the spawning dance in the clear water. they just aren't agressive enough now. A week or so, it will be good. They would follow my Royal wuff, but wouldn't take it, or just mouth it.

What flies do you have the best luck with the pan fish?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What flies do you have the best luck with the pan fish?

I tied on an elk hair caddis, and didn't get a bite. Went to the Royal wulff that I bought at Bass Pro, and started picking up some bites. They just weren't too interested in feeding though. Later toward evening, they might have picked up a little. I have some poppers, but haven't tried them yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom