Hillary Clinton Won’t Admit Right To Bear Arms Is Constitutional

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...on-wont-admit-right-bear-arms-constitutional/
by AWR Hawkins 5 Jun 2016

Hillary's two responses to George Stephanopoulos's question, “Do you believe an individual’s right to bear arms is a constitutional right? That it’s not linked to the service in the militia?”

FIRST RESPONSE: "I think that for most of our history there was a nuanced reading of the Second Amendment, until the decision by the late Justice [Antonin] Scalia. And there was no argument until then that localities, and states, and the federal government had a right–as we do with every amendment–to impose reasonable regulations."

SECOND RESPONSE: “If it is a constitutional right, then it–like every constitutional right–is subject to reasonable regulation.”

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love it when politicians use words like "reasonable". It always means "Everything I think is reasonable. Anyone who disagrees is an imbecile".

I have posted the following here before and I think I should post it again: ““COMMON SENSE” , “BALANCED”, “REASONABLE” & “A GOOD FIRST STEP” are all lib dem “DOUBLE SPEAK WORDS/TERMS” in their playbook/lexicon used to describe their gun grabbing/2nd Amendment hating/psychobabble legislation.”

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have posted the following here before and I think I should post it again: ““COMMON SENSE” , “BALANCED”, “REASONABLE” & “A GOOD FIRST STEP” are all lib dem “DOUBLE SPEAK WORDS/TERMS” in their playbook/lexicon used to describe their gun grabbing/2nd Amendment hating/psychobabble legislation.”

I'd have to agree with that. I'm old, and have seen it too many times to believe otherwise.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless of any position that one might agree or disagree with Hillary or Trump on, one doesn't need to look any further than the judicial appointments that will result from her election. This one consequence of her election to the oval office should be enough to vote for anyone or anything other than her.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless of any position that one might agree or disagree with Hillary or Trump on, one doesn't need to look any further than the judicial appointments that will result from her election. This one consequence of her election to the oval office should be enough to vote for anyone or anything other than her.

+1 x 10 to the 100th power

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...on-wont-admit-right-bear-arms-constitutional/
by AWR Hawkins 5 Jun 2016

Hillary's two responses to George Stephanopoulos's question, “Do you believe an individual’s right to bear arms is a constitutional right? That it’s not linked to the service in the militia?”

FIRST RESPONSE: "I think that for most of our history there was a nuanced reading of the Second Amendment, until the decision by the late Justice [Antonin] Scalia. And there was no argument until then that localities, and states, and the federal government had a right–as we do with every amendment–to impose reasonable regulations."

SECOND RESPONSE: “If it is a constitutional right, then it–like every constitutional right–is subject to reasonable regulation.”

Know what is reasonable? If you don't, here it is: "Shall Not Be Infringed" is reasonable. There are many reasons the Right to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed, and all are valid. I can't think of any reason that infringing on the right would be valid.

As for any level of government having a right to infringe upon the RKBA with ANY regulation, no such right exists. In fact, the United States Government, created by We the People, has not been given any right whatsoever, nor is any form of government capable of having a right. Governments only have specific POWERS granted by the people.

Woody

If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved. B.E.Wood

Latest posts

Top Bottom