HK USP 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does the USP measure up. I am a long time glock guy, so took a long time to purchase a sig. Fortunately I only have one or the sig bug would wipe me out. HK would be another down fall, but the fever is starting to hit me.

What say you all about the USP models?

prefer owner experiances.

1S1K

I had a USP 45 that I really tried to like but never did and sold. I owed mostly glocks and 1911's and really can not find any on the USP that I would prefer over most of the one's I already have. It is bigger than G21SF but only holds 12 rounds, hated the double action trigger though single action is ok but not as good as a 1911. It looks nice, never malfuctioned, pretty accurate and hold it's value but it was not for me. Just my personal experience

Blackbirdpilot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its fun to shoot and accurate. The stippling or whatever its called on the grip is very sharp and can be hard on your hands. I never shoot mine in DA. I treat it like a 1911 and keep it cocked and locked. Its much harder to just walk in somewhere and find accessories/holsters/mags for it. Glock obviously wins that contest by a large margin. However unlike Glock it is IMO one of the best looking pistols ever made. That may or may not matter to you though. I get mine out and just admire it from time to time. ;-)

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My first CCW was a Glock 27. I've owned the USP45, USPC.40, P2000.40, P2sk.40.
P2000 series has full ambi controls.
Once I got the USPC.40 the Glock went away.
USP has a very large grip circumference, USPC has everything the same just smaller.
I prefer the P2k LEM and the P2sk for CCW.

Last edited:

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a USP Compact 9mm (actually it's the wife's).

PRO - Reliable, reliable, reliable.
CON - Trigger sucks.
Other - Where POA/POI for most pistols is directly above the front sight, HK's is on the front dot. Not a biggie, but you might wonder why it shoots a little low until you figure this out.

I find my Sig P229 to be much more comfortable with better controls, more accurate, and just as reliable.

supercopjason

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The HK USP does have a strange trigger that is long and very vague feeling. Other than that it is an HK which is known for high quality and reliability. Personally I am an a fan of HK but that is not the only pistol I am familiar with (HK, Beretta, Sig, and Glock Armorer) I have spent many years customizing the glock, BHP, and 1911 platform but I carry a HK. There is nothing wrong with the other guns (Glocks are every bit as reliable) but really it is all how comfortable you feel in your firearm.

The good thing is right now a USP can be had for 450-499 used and if you dont like it can be sold easily for that price or more. It is a good time to test fit the HK USP.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the USP series. All of mine have been reliable and just as accurate as most of the other common autos out there like the Glock, M&P, XDs, etc. The factory double action pull is stiff, but I only shoot them single action anyway. Both the USP Expert and USP Tactical have a little better trigger, and are very accurate with the o-ring barrel.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It all depends on what you are asking for my opinions on concerning the USP. I have a 45 tactical, a 40 compact and a 9mm tactical. Both are great guns and very reliable. For a CCW, personally, I find the gun too bulky. Not really talking about the lengths of the full sizes, but the width of all the USPs. For IWB.. I have a hard time carrying it compared to my preferred Glocks.

While they are accurate, I dont like high bore axis guns. I used my 9mm tac in a defensive gun competition once,... ONCE,... and really wish I had used my glock.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always shot my best scores in matches with a full size USP 9mm. I tried Sigs,Glocks,and 1911's. I have a USP Compact that I carry sometimes in the winter with a shoulder holster. I also have a USP Tactical .45acp that I have a Blackside can for. I have a big hand and H&K's work for me.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own both a USP 45C and USP 40 full size.Added the jet funnel kit to my 40 and extended mag release.Great guns very accurate but kinda bulky to carry.Both have been 100% with no issues and shot about all types of ammo.Would like to get a P30 but ended up with the PPQ instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom